To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Earthcache challenge

[Resolved] Earthcache challenge
September 28, 2018 05:45AM
Hello

We would need a checker for an earthcache challenge (GC7Y9FE) with the following conditions:

1) only earthcaches
2) fill all T values (1; 1.5; 2 .... 5 - 9 values)
3) fill all D values (1; 1.5; 2 .... 5 - 9 values)
4) each cache counts only for T or for D (thus, you need 18 caches to fulfill the conditions)

It would be great to have the matrix and (only) the eight caches with D 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5 and T 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5 as output.

Because we have no idea how to write a checker we would like to ask the community for help.

Best regards,
September 30, 2018 03:27PM
I have two queries
1. Are you aware that you have to fulfill your own challenge because you do not fulfill your challenge yet.
2. You have to give your reviewer at least 10 other cachers who have fulfilled the challenge in your local area.
October 01, 2018 12:37PM
Hi vogelbird,

yes we still need T4.5 and D4.5 but we hope to fulfill this requirement in the next few days.
The second point is new for us. When we placed our first challenge there was not such a request. If we really need to give 10 cachers who fulfill the conditions we need a checker. Otherwise iit would be a challenge for us.

Best

ate&batzi
October 01, 2018 02:34PM
Here is a checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7Y9FE/37563

but I can not find cachers with 18 unique caches
October 01, 2018 06:59PM
Many thanks for the checker !!!!

Only D4.5 is missing in our checklist. We didn't count our T4.5 found. Very helpful [:)]

However, something seems to go wrong. Please check owner Bergfex2000 or WattwurmJana.
When I run the checker, two easy caches are used both in D and T rating: GC1KKP0 (D1.5, T1.5) and GC10DHJ (D1.0 T 1.5). The high rstings are fulfilled and I am sure that this owner has many caches with low rating which can substitute the mentioned ones.
October 01, 2018 07:21PM
The problem is that the script starts looking in sequence of the founds and not in the highest D or T values

But another problem is that those cachers seem to have no unique caches.
I wish there a betterscript for this challenge.
Maybe arisoft can have a look at this
October 01, 2018 09:32PM
Here is another checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7Y9FE/37571

This is using unique caches and ate&batzi do not qualify yet according to this checker.

I hope this works as supposed. Please test and tell us your results.
October 02, 2018 08:29AM
Checker 37571 works better and 37563 is removed
October 02, 2018 07:15PM
Hi vogelbird, hi arisoft,

many thanks for writing the checker for us!!! Works fine!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login