To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC7Z3XV checker request

[Resolved] GC7Z3XV checker request
October 16, 2018 07:38PM
Hi all,
I'm helping a friend create a challenge cache. This will be a pretty tough challenge but we have some very active cachers in the community that would be even more motivated to find some distant older caches without the need to leave the country. Would it be possible to get a checker for it please?

GC code (unpublished): GC7Z3XV

Requirements:
Find all available hidden months within the territory of Lithuania (there are 146 hidden months available as of today).
All caches have to be placed in Lithuania.
All cache types count.

Cache owner (that meets the requirements) - rimvydas52.

Would it be possible to exclude the most recent month? (in case someone wants to log it in the beginning of the month when no new caches have been published yet)

Thanks!
Re: GC7Z3XV checker request
October 16, 2018 08:21PM
rimvydas52 appears to have found caches hidden in 153 months starting in May 2003. This requires us to set a leeway of 33 months for the months when there doesn't appear to be caches placed. Me not being a local means that I have no way of knowing when the caches were placed, so will require your guidance here as to whether this 33 is correct or not. This 33 also requires a find in the current month. I can exclude the current month by changing the 33 to 34, but that will allow someone to find a cache in the current month and skip one of the earlier months. So firstly: how many hidden months are really available at present, and secondly: how do you want to handle the current month given the gotcha mentioned above?

I've created this checker for you to experiment with in the mean time:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7Z3XV/37775
October 17, 2018 03:05PM
rimvydas52 has found 153 available months but he's a hardcore veteran and some of the caches are now archived.

Right now there are 146 available months. After discussing with rimvydas52 what would be the best way to define the requirements, we decided to lower the number to 145. That means a leeway should be 41.
At the same time we decided not to include any upcoming months since that would make the challenge a lot easier in a year or two.

So the revised requirements to qualify for the challenge would be:
find at least 145 hidden months from 2003 May through 2018 October;
caches have to be placed within the territory of Lithuania
all types of caches count

Hope that works!

Thanks
October 17, 2018 03:15PM
Checker modified to run from May 2003 to October 2018, which is a total of 186 months, minus the new leeway of 41, which brings the requirement down to 145 months. There's no reason to stop at October 2018, since the leeway will simply deduct from the total months, ie. in November 2018 the total months will be 187-41 = 146 months needed, so it'll always increase the number of months needed for the challenge. But I'll abide by your requirements. Simply giving you options.
October 19, 2018 04:40PM
Looks good to me!
We're submitting the cache for review in a couple of days. We'll see if reviewer likes the idea and whether we need any edits for the checker.

Thanks for your help!
October 24, 2018 04:24PM
Hi again!

We got a response from reviewer. He wants us to exclude months that have only 1 or 2 active caches. He also suggested including upcoming months.

Can we modify the checker please?
Change the leeway from 41 to 55 and remove the end date to include all the upcoming months.

Thanks a lot!
October 24, 2018 04:26PM
Done.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login