To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker for Anti-Challenge

[Resolved] Checker for Anti-Challenge
November 11, 2018 07:15PM
Hello,

I need a Checker with the following requirements: 0 Finds total

GC-Code is GC8079V

Best Regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2018 07:15PM by JakeDot. (view changes)
November 11, 2018 08:10PM
Reviewer here. Assuming this is a serious request, it cannot be published under the challenge cache guidelines. The challenge cache forces a new geocacher to find this as their first find or else forever be ineligible. A challenge cache that penalizes the geocacher for finding other caches is not valid.

You will also have a hard time proving to your reviewer that there are lots of geocachers in the region who qualify for this challenge.
November 11, 2018 08:21PM
The Leprechauns Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reviewer here.
> The challenge cache
> forces a new geocacher to find this as their first
> find or else forever be ineligible.

Not at all, the conditions are formulated as "at least 0 finds" - geocachers are welcome to have any number of finds before the challenge. Sorry that I formulated the request ambiguously without stating this. It is still debatable if this is a positive requirement, but some say there is a concept of positive and negative zero and this challenge would be about the positive one.
November 12, 2018 06:13PM
I found a checker which would satisfy my goal if I increase the needed finds to 1. Is it sufficient to clone that tag to get the challenge published, if the reviewer deems it okay, or do I need approval from you guys first?

Cloned Tag is here: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8079V/38283
November 12, 2018 11:37PM
Intresting choise (:P) and it is now locked for that challenge.

No approval is needed from us. It is up to your local reviewer to accept or deny this challenge idea.
November 14, 2018 11:39AM
As the challenge has been published, this request is resolved. Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login