To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC80KVC - 10-1 Challenge - modification

[Resolved] GC80KVC - 10-1 Challenge - modification
November 25, 2018 09:43AM
You very kindly produced a checker for me a few days ago, and I tested it as best I could, but an anomaly has arisen since then. The challenge concerns finding different cache icons in different countries. It appears the checker is picking up some older and unusual caches that were not found in the country in which they are listed. This is occurring more frequently than might be expected, with at least 3 players to my knowledge so far being affected. One of the UK reviewers who has found some older caches ran it on his player account and reports:

"I ran your checker on my player account and not only does it pick up the traveling caches but also the old Locationless caches, so it seems to me the checker does not really meet the needs of your cache. You could ask the writer of the checker to modify it, they would need to exclude the cache type Locationless and add the known moving caches (which should all be archived). To my knowledge there were around 106 caches that moved."

If possible, I would prefer it if these caches were not included please. As a programmer myself I do understand that making specific exceptions can be messy, so if it is not possible I do understand.

Many thanks in advance,

Rgds, Andy
November 25, 2018 10:46AM
I have excluded Locationless Caches from the checker and for the travelling caches I have send an email to the scriptwriter to see if he could incorperate them in de script.
There are 170 travelling caches identified

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2018 11:22AM by vogelbird. (view changes)
November 25, 2018 11:46AM
Thank-you - I am always impressed by the speed with which these things seem to be done :-) I'll look forward to hearing about the moving caches,

Rgds, Andy
November 26, 2018 08:12AM
please try it now. I added filter to remove locationless caches and "crazy caches" listed in bookmark https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=7cf4124c-1061-4412-b79a-7df1df4d8783

Note for other script writers - add this function and call it to filter the list of finds to any checker that depends on cache location
function remove_crazy_caches(finds)
  local crazy_caches = PGC.GetBookmarklist("7cf4124c-1061-4412-b79a-7df1df4d8783", {} )
  local codes = {}
  for _,c in ipairs(crazy_caches) do
    codes[c] = true
  end
  local res={}
  for _,f in ipairs(finds) do
    if not codes[f.gccode] and f.type~="Locationless (Reverse) Cache" then
      table.insert(res, f)
    end
  end
  return res
end    

finds=remove_crazy_caches(PGC.GetFinds(profileId, ...))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2018 08:18AM by jpavlik. (view changes)
November 28, 2018 10:44AM
A tricky one to test, but as far as I can see it is OK. Thank you once again for your prompt actions and the effort you have put into this.
Rgds, Andy
November 28, 2018 10:56AM
resolved
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login