To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Cachin' the Winter challenge checker

[Resolved] Cachin' the Winter challenge checker
December 24, 2018 03:20AM
Please copy the checker for GC6VE2F Cachin the Winter Away to the new geocache number GC7KT5X. The previous one couldn't get published due to placement. A new one has been set up. I do qualify for this cache. Thanks much!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 03:52AM by GerardvL. (view changes)
December 24, 2018 04:18AM
Reviewer here. Challenge caches cannot require a find on Leap Day (February 29th).
December 24, 2018 07:10AM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7KT5X/39061

Please test and let us know if it's suitable. This will cater for optional leap day finds. PS: the previous checker would not have checked for a winter streak correctly since it wasn't a streak based checker.
December 24, 2018 04:48PM
Hi. Cache page modified to remove the Leap Day requirement.
This isn't a streak challenge. Caches can be found in any date order, as long as the is at least one cache find per day for the 3 months.
Thanks much, and happy holidays!
December 24, 2018 04:50PM
Erm, hold on. Do you need to find caches PLACED on each of those days? Or do you need to FIND caches on each of those days? If the latter, it's a daily streak and the checker will work. If the former, it's not a streak and the checker will not work.
December 24, 2018 05:42PM
Ah. The goal is to find a cache on each day.
I'd thought that the streak checker needed to have them found on consecutive days. That not being the case, I'm good with it. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login