To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: challenge: 9 different D/T with some chess rule

[Resolved] challenge: 9 different D/T with some chess rule
January 14, 2019 11:45AM
Hello!

I wanted to make a challenge that requires:

* you have to find exactly 9 caches, each one with different D and T so that every D and T is used (diagonal is ok but other schemes are also possible).
I mean, if the D/T chart (matrix) was a chessboard and those caches were rooks, I want to place 9 rooks on a 9x9 board in a way that no two of them attack each other - I hope now it's understandable :)

* caches are only mysteries placed in Warsaw, Masovian voivodeship, Poland

I don't speak English so good but I hope you understand what I mean :)

Thank you.
pizero

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2019 01:18PM by pizero. (view changes)
January 14, 2019 12:20PM
I might have a checker for you. I need:
  • GC code for your challenge
  • Confirmation that this is the county you want to restrict it to: Warszawa (Mazowieckie)
January 14, 2019 01:49PM
pieterix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I might have a checker for you. I need:
> * GC code for your challenge
GC7CMFZ

> * Confirmation that this is the county you want
> to restrict it to: Warszawa (Mazowieckie)
yes

Thank you
January 14, 2019 01:03PM
Reviewer here. This sounds like "grid art," which we've been asked not to allow for challenge caches. It is not a geocaching accomplishment.
January 14, 2019 01:12PM
I'm not disputing the answer, so this is merely for my own info: how is this different to say finding eg. D1 caches for all possible T values? In fact, the OP's request is merely 1/9 of a full DT matrix, and requesting challenges for a full DT matrix is allowed?
May 04, 2019 10:23PM
I've asked my reviewer and he agreed with me that this type of challenge is acceptable by rules currently.
May 05, 2019 08:27AM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7CMFZ/39528

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.
May 05, 2019 09:17AM
It works perfectly :)

thank you very much!
May 06, 2019 01:09AM
Are we really not supposed to do grid art?

I was planning on setting up a "bingo hall" challenge series, trying to do four corners, a block of 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, A straight 5, 7, and 9 long.... Each of these could be considered grid art, but I don't know.

The end game was to have 13 of these challenges arranged in a figure eight (or a 'B). Each cache would have a certain mixture of attributes carefully designed into how each physical cache is hidden. A bonus cache would list different filters that could be searched for (such as caches that are winter accessible) and the mapped results would only show some of these challenge caches, resulting in a number figure, such as a '3'. The sequence of filters to be applied would provide the coordinates.

The bonus cache is a bit outlandish, but what about the bingo hall idea?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login