To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: checker request GC84A4A for 6 days all 12 Month plus a full month a found by hidden date

Hi, can you pls create a challence checker, which tests that a finder has found by hidden dates:
on all 12 month 6 times all the same date. f.e. in all month a found for the 4th, the 12th and the 20th of a month
and a full month

You can check on my public profil that I have found this on the 1st, 5th, 10th , 14th , 25th and 31st.
and my completed month is the May

The type of cache and the date of found is not limited.
There is a similar request for GC84A3Y with 3 days zero month

Thanks a lot
Bernd
I tried to make this checker but the result was that you do not qualify. I must have understood something wrong.

Could you give a list of caches used to qualify yourself to find the problem?
Hi, this is an info in advance to show the result on my Project GC profile:
6 days per month all 12 month

Maybe this is already enough, if not I have to go through all my 700 caches to find the right ones.
Will do in case it is necessary.

Not sure if this could be a problem, but my 6th day is the 31st. should be running, at least as there are already checker which checks for all 366 days. But to narrow the problem mybe you will tra to get it run with only 5 days, than there are 5 conplete rows available.

Bernd
Ok, this is enough data to verify the checker.

The 31th, 30th and 29th days are the problem because there is less than 12 months required for them.

This may need custom script if there is no special script for this kind of challenge already.
How can I send you / add here an Excel file with the list of founds GC-codes for the hidden dates?
More data is not needed. The diagram explained fully the situation I was not ready for. The requirement is not 12 monts but all months in a year and it depends on the day of month.

How leap years are supposed to be handled?
Re: checker request GC84A4A for 6 days all 12 Month plus a full month a found by hidden date
March 05, 2019 12:51AM
After modifying an existing script, here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC84A4A/40982

Please test and let us know if it's suitable. Note that 29-31 won't work at present. I'm still deciding how to modify the script and/or whether it should be allowed in your challenge. (:P)
terix,
yes this is it in general. As you wrote the lines for 29-31 are not valid right now,
Would be graet if you could have a look if you could fix the 29/31 problem, otherwise I have to think how to create my challenge in a new way.

I have seen such requests per line in D/T matrix checkers f.e. GC46VJM Double digit row or column challenge and in this case it is possible to test for lines:

{
"conditions": {
"total_lines": 1
},
"minValue": 10
}

Maybe the calender checker can also modified in this way?

Thanks Bernd
Pieterix,

Fill missing dates, for example 29-31 february, with "virtual finds" when initializing the chart. This way it will find full line of finds without complex tests.
Hi pieterix, arisoft,
that would be a great solution, thanks.

If this is an easy way of programming, I would propose to make the 29th of Feb as a requirement.
As it is the hidden date you need to find, it is not - like the leap day as find day - only possible ever fourth year. You can find a cache for that 29th Feb every day in the year you like.

Thansk a lot in advance
Bernd
March 05, 2019 08:54AM
Added an option in the code to skip missing dates at end of the month so this should be all good now.
Hi pieterix,
yes itis runnning fine, I tested it positive and negative, both situations are tested by the checker:
with missing days and with missing month.

It works as expected.

Many thanks for your effort , here you got a "blue heart".

Bernd
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login