To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: update checker for 40 227 GC195ZD - The Oklahoma 77 County Challenge (United States)

can the output for this checker be changed to show the GC# and name of a cache in each county found?
Re: update checker for 40 227 GC195ZD - The Oklahoma 77 County Challenge (United States)
June 22, 2019 06:41PM
I don't think the checker can be changed to do that. Here's an alternative checker:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC195ZD/43534

It's up to you to convince the CO to rather use this checker.
Thanks - looks great - the CO wants a list with GC# by county so this works better than the last which I am sure he did not have made since it only would tell you the number of finds per county. I know of one cacher that tried to use the old one and he denied it saying he needed a list of GC codes.

Also is there a way to put the output list in alphabetical order by county?
June 22, 2019 08:08PM
The checker orders the counties by first find in the county and unfortunately doesn't have a sort function. I'm fairly sure you can copy and paste that into Excel and sort using that? Something else I noticed is that Webcam caches are allowed in the old checker (so I've allowed those in the new one too) but those aren't exactly physical caches, so maybe they should be excluded too.
The checker needs to have webcams removed. The challenge is only for physical caches. So no events (citos, etc), virutals, or webcams are allowed. Below is a sample output showing the current output.

TTO2 has found required number of caches (1) in each of 77 Counties (required number of Counties: 77).
Finds in required Counties are listed here:
# Country Region County Cache Found date Placed date
5/1 United States Oklahoma Pottawatomie County (OK) 11.gif Oklahoma's First Webcam Cache (GCN8ZP) 2015-05-08 2005-03-28
June 27, 2019 08:53PM
Yes, I mentioned in earlier post that Webcam caches are included in the old checker. Have now excluded them in the checker that I provided, since they're definitely not physical.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login