To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker for different types of event - GC8A8QT

[Resolved] Checker for different types of event - GC8A8QT - needs update
June 27, 2019 08:50AM
I would like to create a challenge cache that requires people to have attended at least 4 different types of events.

Event types eligible for this are:
- Event
- CITO
- Mega- Event
- Giga-Event
- Geocaching HQ Celebration (formerly Groundspeak Lost and Found Celebration)
- Community Celebration Event (formerly Lost and Found Event Cache)
- GPS Maze Exhibit

If you attended at least 1 event of at least 4 of the above types (like 1 event, 1 CITO, 1 GPS Maze and 1 Giga), then you can log the cache.

Is this allowed according to the new guidelines, and if so can somebody please make a checker?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2019 02:28PM by Geo-Jeddak. (view changes)
Re: Checker for different types of event
June 27, 2019 09:03AM
I have a checker ready for you but require the GC code for your challenge to link it.
June 27, 2019 09:09AM
I'll give it as soon as the cache page is created. Just wanted to make sure first if my idea would be accepted. Thank you.
July 02, 2019 06:50PM
Alright, it took a bit longer than I expected, but the cache page is ready: GC8A8QT CHALLENGE: - Event Variation.

And I forgot to list one type of event eligible for this challenge:
- Geocaching HQ Block Party

Could you please add the Block Party to the checker as well, and link it to the cache page?
July 03, 2019 03:58AM
The code is GC8A8QT

And as stated above, Geocaching HQ Block Party should also be added as a type of event eligible for this challenge.
July 03, 2019 08:21PM
I've already included all the event types. Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8A8QT/43598

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.
July 06, 2019 03:02AM
i used the checker to find out if VeesMom was qualified.Got the answer that she was not because she only had 3 groups: event, CITO, and mega event. VeesMOM also has GC82ZPV GPS Adventures Maze at GeoWoodstock in May. Seems that last one should be counted as an event. It's the CO's call which events should be included. Just adding my opinion.
July 06, 2019 09:08AM
GPS Adventures Exhibit is not an event type according to the GC statistics page.
July 06, 2019 09:12AM
Maybe, but if I want to include it as part of the challenge, that is my choice right? Or do I have to stick to the statistics pages?

Those same statistic pages list Groundspeak HQ as a mystery cache, but in my opinion it should be considered a seperate type.
July 06, 2019 09:18AM
Yes, it's your choice. I merely used the list of known event types for the checker. Can easily add other types if you want more to be added. Yes, I've also just pondered HQ being listed as mystery type.
July 06, 2019 09:44AM
Ah, now I click what you meant by your message. I've added GPS Adventures Exhibit to the list now.
July 07, 2019 11:58AM
And now you can delete the checker again. The reviewers rejected my cache. This challenge is not "obtainable at all times".

I have to think of something else.
July 07, 2019 02:28PM
Alright. They do allow mega, CITO and regular. So if I change the criteria from 4 to 3 different events, all should be fine.

Can that be done please?
July 07, 2019 03:20PM
Updated to 3.
July 08, 2019 02:13PM
It worked. My cache has been published.

Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login