To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Challenge Lonely Cache

[Awaiting feedback] Challenge Lonely Cache
August 30, 2019 07:58AM
[FR]

Bonjour,

Serait-il possible de créer pour moi un checker pour un Challenge Lonely Cache ?

Le code de la cache sera GC8CXHH.

Les conditions à remplir : avoir trouvé 3 caches de types différents avec au moins 1 cache avec une valeur de "solitude" supérieure à 365 et 2 caches avec une valeur "solitude" supérieure à 122 (c'est à dire une cache trouvée moins de 3 fois par an en moyenne).

Merci d'avance pour votre réponse.

[EN]

Hello,

Would it be possible to create for me a checker for a Lonely Cache Challenge?

The cache code will be GC8CXHH.

The conditions to fulfill: to find 3 caches of different types with at least 1 cache with a loneliness value greater than 365 and 2 caches with a loneliness value higher than 122 (ie a cache found less than 3 times a year on average).

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2019 09:01AM by eMile_from79. (view changes)
August 30, 2019 11:58AM
The data to be able to compute lonely caches in that way, is simply not available. A checker only has access to the logs of the user for which it's run, not the other users/logs. Which means it can't compute when a cache was found previously.
August 30, 2019 06:09PM
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
I do not understand. What I want is like this GC71VB9, is not it?
August 30, 2019 06:25PM
Aha, different story. I think that should be allowed. However, I don't think there's a script that can handle all the conditions you want, so I'm marking this thread as "New script required".
August 31, 2019 01:31AM
Here is a preliminary version of the checker you requested.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8CXHH/44697

There are some issues.

1) You do not fulfill this challenge.

2) Need to know what happens to archived caches.

3) It is highly possible that reviewers will not accept this.

Please test and tell us how to proceed with this checker.
August 31, 2019 07:36AM
Hello,

Thank you for this nice job.

1) I know I do not fill it right now but it should be soon.

2) Indeed, I had not thought about archived caches ... Is it possible to consider the archiving date for these caches?

3) I will check with a local reviewer for feedback.

I come back to you as soon as I have an answer.
August 31, 2019 08:09AM
Archiving date and last found date are available. And the beginning of the calculation can be placed date or published date. There are many options :)
August 31, 2019 08:25AM
For the start date: it seems that the date taken into account on the page [https://project-gc.com/Statistics/LonelyCaches] is the placed date and not the published date, so I think we must do the same for this challenge.
For the end date: you have to take the date of today or the archiving date in the case of an archived cache.
(Please forgive me if my english is not perfect: google translation helps me a lot)
August 31, 2019 09:24AM
Now it stops counting to archiving date.
August 31, 2019 10:42AM
It's awesome ! Thank you so much !
I am now waiting for the reviewer's opinion and a few days to be eligible ...
Just a subsidiary question: when the person does not fulfill the conditions, is it possible to display the caches (or caches as the case may be) with the highest solutid date and which will be (therefore) (maybe , the time being in his favor if no one finds this cache) valid (s)? (Tell me if I'm not clear)
August 31, 2019 04:35PM
It is possible to add an extra check which displays caches near the limit.

The problem with this kind of challenges is that you should be able to check whether the finder have met all requirements or not. When someone else also finds the cache you can not verify who met the requirements and when. Reviewers also tend to interprete these like a competition which is not allowed. Let's see what answer you will get.
September 01, 2019 08:53AM
Unfortunately you are right and I made you work for nothing: challenges based on "a value of loneliness" are not allowed. I'm disappointed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
September 01, 2019 08:57AM
Ok, this is a new explanation. :)

Anyway, Now it is possible to make a challenge based on the age of the cache in days.
October 04, 2019 03:09PM
What is the situation with this request ?? Can we move it to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed) or will it be cancelled.
October 04, 2019 03:24PM
Archived or canceled: I do not know.
What is certain, this challenge will never be published, to my great regret.
October 04, 2019 03:27PM
OK Iwill move it to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login