To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Possible modification to GC8CQDD/44822 (by arisoft tagged by Pieterix)

[Resolved] Possible modification to GC8CQDD/44822 (by arisoft tagged by Pieterix)
September 19, 2019 07:56PM
Hi again Pieterix

Re: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8CQDD/44822

This challenge requires finding 10 of the top 15 FP caches in any Australian State or Territory. The output is excellent.

However I was running some people through it and I noted that it does not deal with caches hidden by the person running the query. It assumes they have not found those caches.

For example Freddo had found 14 of 15 top favourited caches in South Australia but the 15th is one where he is the CO. So he can not get all 15. This is ok for him but the question arose of what if he had found 9 and he was the CO for the other 6? Or if he decided to set himself the task of finding all 15? Sometimes one CO may own quite a few of the top favourited caches.

I know challenges cannot require someone to hide caches. However would it be possible to modify this so it counted those caches in the top 15 where you had found them or were the CO? Perhaps a different colour for being CO but the different colour is probably not important.

I would be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks

Bill/Brad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2019 11:34PM by Brad&Janet. (view changes)
Re: Possible modification to GC8CQDD/44822 (tagged by Pieterix)
September 19, 2019 08:53PM
Unfortunately that option is not available in the script. The author (arisoft) would have to add it.

I haven't found any other script that suits the callenge as a whole, only one that can check for specific regions, e.g. at least 10/15 in ACT, by Target. He also has a multi checker, which allows combining multiple of some of his challenge checkers, but that does not include that particular script. Don't know how much work it would be to include that or if he even wants to do that in the first place since it probably won't be used that often.

Btw I believe the rule not allowing challenges to require owning caches is not relevant here since it's not mandatory and doesn't give an unreasonable benefit.
Re: Possible modification to GC8CQDD/44822 (tagged by Pieterix)
September 19, 2019 11:33PM
Thanks PattuX.
Is arisoft still around and active modifying checkers?
I could allow manual logs for owners even if the checker says no, but I think that might be questionable as far as I understand the requirements.
The current checker output listing showing the top caches with favourite points is excellent so I would not want to lose that.
Failing arisoft being available it sounds like I will probably just have to leave it as is.
Thanks again.
Re: Possible modification to GC8CQDD/44822 (by arisoft tagged by Pieterix)
September 20, 2019 07:51AM
I modified https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8CQDD/44822 to allow owned caches as found ones.

Please test and tell us whether it is suitable for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login