To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Challenge de l'alphabet Deux-Sévrien (France) - GC5209J

[Resolved] Challenge de l'alphabet Deux-Sévrien (France) - GC5209J
September 22, 2019 10:57AM
Hello. I come back on this challenge for a small update request: the owner of the challenge stipulates that the owners of caches in Deux-Sèvres can use one of their own caches to complete the challenge provided that this cache is active; is it possible to add this condition to the checker?
September 22, 2019 06:50PM
Unfortunately the checker script does not support caches which are owned, If you want to make this change a new script has to be written but don't hold your breath because scriptwriters might not spend time on this because a challenge like this is not allowed anymore under the current guidelines
September 23, 2019 11:00AM
So if I understood correctly: technically it is possible. Even if it takes time, it does not bother me, I am not presded. If a scriptwriter has time to lose on this: I would be very happy. >:D<
September 23, 2019 07:21PM
I have made a script for this. The cache owner should test the script and change it to the description when accepted. Then the old checker will be disabled.
September 24, 2019 04:58AM
Thank you very much ! I personally know the owner of the cache. I will send him the new link. How should we do to access it?
September 24, 2019 08:00AM
The modified checker is available here

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5209J/45220
September 24, 2019 08:24AM
Thank you.
Unfortunately, this does not exactly match the challenge rules: a cache owner can only use one of his own caches (and this cache must be active); this may allow him to complete only one of the missing letters among the found caches. I did the test and many of my caches are in the list.
September 24, 2019 08:27AM
Ok, I have to modify a bit more.
September 24, 2019 09:41AM
Now it is ready for testing again
September 25, 2019 06:11AM
It works !
Thank you.
I could not test all the possibilities: I renamed one of my caches so that it starts with a letter that I miss in the caches that I found and it works.
I could not test the case where I would have several caches starting with missing letters: but I can only use one.
I could not test the case where the cache that I have would be disabled: it must be active to complete this challenge.
In any case: I trust you!
Small subsidiary remark: is it possible that when the geocacher uses one of its own caches, it is marked in the list, for example with the addition of "(owner)" at the end of the line or something other if you have an idea.
Thank you very much for the time spent on this checker.
September 25, 2019 07:13AM
There should be this mark already after the cache name. If you try with YEUXLYNX you will see this.

When the checker is changed to the description we have to disable the old checker. Please inform us when it is done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2019 07:16AM by arisoft. (view changes)
September 25, 2019 07:59AM
This does not work with my nickname because the cache that I renamed to do the test is a cache that I adopted. Therefore it is found both among my found caches and my possessed caches.
That said, I think it's not stupid: it can stay that way.
I signal to the owner the new checker and I come back to you.
September 30, 2019 09:54AM
The link to the new checker has been updated on the cache page.
Thanks again for the job done.
September 30, 2019 10:12AM
Disabled all other checkers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login