To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC6RKDC – 7 Australian Traditional caches above 1500m ASL, all 50 kilometers apart.

Hi, I am wondering if this is possible. I would like to do a new challenge on finding or owning 7 traditional caches, within Australia that are all at least 1500m above sea level and are all at least 50 kilometers apart from each other.

The caches can be current or archived.
The caches can have been found at any time.

I currently achieve this challenge with the following GCCodes GC4814R, GC4W9AY, GC4WCNA, GC47G6W, GC4G4YT, GC18D80 and GCT6WF with less than 1700 finds to my name.

I know of at least one other geocacher who currently also has achieves this challenge.

From my calculations, at the moment it is possible to achieve up to 13 different traditional in Australia that are at least 1500m ASL and 50 kilometers apart from each other, with the option of one 14th, but that has been archived so I feel 7 is a reasonable ask, whilst still remaining sufficiently difficult.

Hope someone can help or maybe offer me some advice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 07:30AM by day1976. (view changes)
Re: GC6RKDC – 7 Australian Traditional caches above 1500m ASL, all 50 kilometers apart.
September 13, 2016 08:57AM
It is possible, but (unless someone else corrects me) it is almost certain that a new script is required.

I believe the challenge is within the rules but so as not to waste someones time it is worth you getting an initial review from your local reviewer that they would be happy to accept your criteria. Once you have got a response post it here and someone may, if you are lucky, choose to write the script for you.
Re: GC6RKDC – 7 Australian Traditional caches above 1500m ASL, all 50 kilometers apart.
September 18, 2016 11:42PM
To keep you up to date.

I am currently working with a stand-in reviewer on this concept as my normal local reviewer is away. I may need to wait until my normal reviewer is back (should be a couple of weeks).

Will keep you up to date

Kind Regards

Day
(day1976)
Has there been any response from the reviewer?
Yes,

With the new rules that came in regarding radius, 50 kilometers was disallowed by the reviewer.

They (the reviewer) have suggested 8 traditional caches in Australia, above 1500m elevation all in separate LGAs (Local Government Areas). I am happy to go with this if it is possible to write up a script for it.

Is this script possible to write? Someone local was supposed to write it up for me as a returned favour for work I did for them, but I never got it.

Kind regards

Day
March 05, 2017 01:20PM
Here is the link to the checker http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6RKDC/25107

Please confirm that this is the checker you require
Hi vogelbird,

After much back and forth with my reviewer, I have today got the go ahead to increase the requirement to be 10 traditional geocaches in Australia, all above 1500m elevation, all in different LGAs (Local Government Areas). So the checker should be the same as the one that has already been written, except I need to increase the number required to 10. Hoping this is possible.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards

Day
(day1976)
March 31, 2017 09:25AM
The checker is adjusted to 10
day1976,

If this meets your requirements, can you let vogelbird know so it can come off the to-do list?

Thanks.
The challenge was submitted for review on the 6th of March, however in light of a number of people easily over-achieving the challenge I have asked if the required number could be raised to 9 or 10. The challenge is being discussed by the Australian Reviewers and I am awaiting an answer. If I get the go ahead, I may need the challenge to be modified, but I will wait until I get an answer from the reviewers. I will notify vogelbird as soon as I get an answer either way.
April 02, 2017 05:47PM
Challenge published and request archived
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login