To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Challenge checker for GC8JT08, forgotten types

[Resolved] Challenge checker for GC8JT08, forgotten types
January 31, 2020 03:23AM
It is a little unclear whether I can allow Lab Caches to be included as SIMPLY A PART (I'm not SPECIFYING that they be used) of a challenge or not.

In the challenge description in Groundspeak, it says, "Trackable, Benchmarking, Waymarking logs, or specifying Lab Cache finds" are NOT ALLOWED.

But, I'm NOT SPECIFYING LAB CACHES FINDS, but simply ALLOWING them to be used. It's a little grey, and our reviewer was uncertain if the challenge I've laid out in GC8JT08 would be OK or not.

I'd like to allow cachers to use their logs for LAB CACHES as just a part of the challenge.

Please let me know.
January 31, 2020 05:59AM
I can see it being allowed, but it would quite likely require a new script to be written (since most scripts don't account for lab caches). Please provide the full criteria for your challenge so we can see whether it's possible.

However if your reviewer is unsure whether it's allowed, you may struggle to get the challenge published...
January 31, 2020 12:39PM
If you feel it meets the requirements, our reviewer will allow it to be published.

The full challenge is similar to GC87ZYF, where you need to have found a cache every day of a month which is NOT a traditional or a mystery, and you need to find a cache which is NOT a traditional or a mystery for a particular day each month (like all the 4ths; Jan 4, Feb 4, Mar 4, Apr 4, etc.)

We meet these requirements for July and the first column if you'd like an example.

Thank you
February 02, 2020 06:28PM
Is linking a Lab cache to a date / specific date going to be an issue ?
I would read the 'not specifying lab caches' as including them in say, an icon challenge, where the finding of a lab can be included among other icons but not being specific when

finding the dates when you found lab caches are not identified on the GC site but in the app.

Just a thought
February 03, 2020 01:29AM
I have found 76 lab caches, and I see the "completed date" for these caches when I click on the lab cache icon. Are these dates not available to Project GC?

Best regards, Edgemonks
February 26, 2020 01:58AM
Just bringing this back to the first page. Any progress on this request?
March 12, 2020 03:25AM
Hello, sumbloke. Does Project GC have access to lab cache dates?
March 12, 2020 06:28AM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8JT08/49779

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.
March 12, 2020 02:35PM
Excellent, that works great. Could you have the checker also colour a completed month in blue as well?
March 12, 2020 02:37PM
Currently the checker only checks for a completed day. It can be easily modified to check for a completed month too. Is that what you want?
March 12, 2020 05:10PM
Yes, please.
March 12, 2020 05:13PM
Already done. :)
March 12, 2020 06:19PM
Excellent, thank you very much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login