To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] CG893YT - Checker Adjustment Required

[Resolved] CG893YT - Checker Adjustment Required
July 21, 2020 12:24PM
Ok, so as per vogelbirds warning, this cache (https://coord.info/GC893YT) has been disable by GC HQ

Is there any way i can get the script re-written to conform to the following please and keep it within the Challenge Cache guideline? ....
The way it stands at the moment, if a qualifying cache that has been found & logged for the challenge is archived, that cache is no longer deemed a qualifying cache. We would like this changed if possible so that any found qualifying cache remains a qualifying cache in the event the cache is archived.

1. The finder must find 60 of the oldest active caches in Western Australia
2. The qualifying cache must be ACTIVE at the time of logging said cache
3. If a cache is ARCHIVED at the time of logging said cache, it DOES NOT count as a qualifying cache
4. If a finders qualifying cache is archived AFTER logging said cache online, then this does NOT remove the cache from the finders list of qualifying caches (as per GC guidelines)

Kind regards,
Jason & Janine
Re: CG893YT - Checker Adjustment Required
July 21, 2020 12:39PM
So in essence the change is: include archived finds, but only if found prior to archived date?
July 21, 2020 12:47PM
Yes, that is what i was trying to say :)
July 21, 2020 01:24PM
New checker:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC893YT/53090

I don't know which caching handles I can use to test the extra functionality, so please test and let us know if it's suitable.
July 22, 2020 10:58PM
Hi Pieterix,

Checker appears to be working as required.

Many thanks for your help :)

Cheers!
Jason & Janine
July 23, 2020 07:51AM
Cool, I've deleted the old checker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login