To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC8X0X9 - Hudson 100 challenge - (27% of date hidden chart)

[Resolved] GC8X0X9 - Hudson 100 challenge - (27% of date hidden chart)
July 27, 2020 04:01PM
Hello,

This mini series of three challenges are grouped together for brevity:
(A) GC8X0X9 - Hudson 100 challenge - (27% of date hidden chart)
(B) GC8X0XC - Hudson 200 challenge - (55% of hidden date chart)
(C) GC8X0XB - Hudson 300 challenge (82% of date hidden chart)

The names Jasmer and Fizzy are given, somewhat arbitrarily. I don't know of a short hand name for the 'date hidden' chart but I've been calling it the Hudson chart. If there is already a nickname for it, please let me know and I'll swap out the names.

These challenges ask for someone to have 'x' number of unique hidden dates of the 366 days of the year with a find. Any cache type from any hidden date or location count as long as they don't own the cache.
To prove I completed this myself, Project-gc.com states I've found caches on all 366 days of the year.... in a row.
230 dates are available in Bannock County and almost all the remaining ones are available nearby in the surrounding area of South East Idaho.
There are similar challenges about 200+ miles away and over state boundaries but they focus more on absolute completion of 366 days or all days of individual months. This is more of a flexible beginner's intro to challenge caches.
This challenge design will likely be similar to:
GC3EGRG - DJBACH CHALLENGE: 60% - Cache every date (219) (United States)

I've been trying to create more novel challenges but they always trip up on being unscriptable or breaking the rules.

Thanks for the help building these challenge checkers,
Cheeky Brit
July 27, 2020 06:03PM
All three work brilliantly. I tried them with both passing and failing candidates.

Thank you for the great, prompt work Pieterix!

Best,
Cheeky Brit
July 28, 2020 12:26AM
I just wanted to confirm: this challenge is to find caches that were HIDDEN on X different dates, correct? In other words, the X is not the number of dates that you've found caches on?
July 28, 2020 04:54AM
Correct! Sorry if I was ambiguous before. The checkers work exactly as expected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login