To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC8ZV2Q - Request for checker - attend 50 events, more details below

[Awaiting feedback] GC8ZV2Q - Request for checker - attend 50 events, more details below
December 10, 2020 07:32AM
Hi there, as requested, I'm separating all the outstanding checker requests from my previous topic. I'll try to consolidate all the pertinent details from the previous topic the best I can. This is the original topic - https://project-gc.com/forum/read?8,44057,46649#msg-46649)

I would like a checker for GC8ZV2Q. For this challenge, you attend 50 unique events - 7 events on Mon-Sun, 12 events in Jan-Dec, and 31 days for each day of the month (1-31).

My idea for the GC8ZV2Q challenge was to not allow for the re-use of events across the sub-criteria. In other words, you must attend 50 unique events.

I have additional criteria for that challenge too:
Only the following event types can be used to complete this challenge - regular, CITO, mega, giga, HQ block party, HQ celebration, lost and found/community celebrations. I'm not sure if there are any other applicable event types.
You can not use your own events for this challenge.
Events must be logged on the actual date of the event. In the past, I've seen people who write their 'attended' logs for a different day than the exact event date so I'm not sure what day/date the checker would use. I figured the checker just could check for these problem logs first and then put up a error msg if it found any, or just eliminate those events from being used for the challenge.

sumbloke wrote:
GC8ZV2Q: Might need a new script. Quite easy to do if the same cache can be used for multiple sub-criteria, but having 50 unique caches would require a fair amount of calculation.

pieterix wrote this checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8ZV2Q/54803

I gave this feedback
Could you add the GC codes and names for each of the qualifying events? I would like a nicer calendar kind of look as well but that's just cosmetic at this point. Let's make sure everything else is working first. I can't tell for sure but I'm guessing you're allowing for overlap between the different sub-criteria (days of the month, days of the week, months of the year) and it looks like the checker also allows for the use of their own events. I was hoping both things could be disallowed.

I think that covers everything for the challenge. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again.
December 10, 2020 05:21PM
Here is a different checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8ZV2Q/57130

Please test and reply

If it is acceptable we will removed the other checker
December 10, 2020 11:36PM
Thanks for adding the GCcodes and event names; the output looks much better now. I don't think there's a need for a calendar look any more; it looks great. Thanks. :-)

It appears the checker allows for events owned/created by the cacher though; I did not want the cachers to be able to use their own events for this challenge. Is there a way to filter those events out?

I also listed a couple of other criteria above as well; have those been added as well?

Thank you for the prompt response. I'm sure glad you asked for the outstanding tasks to be separated out from the original topic.
December 11, 2020 01:16PM
You wrote Events must be logged on the actual date of the event.

I have changed the Attend date to the Event date

You wrote It appears the checker allows for events owned/created by the cacher though

Owners are not counted but when an owner writes a log it is counted.
There are too many instances where an event is organised by a group of cachers whereby only one name is used for mailing purposes. Other instances there is a new account name setup for the purpose of the group of cachers logging in the own event. And there are many more reasons,
That's why I can not and will not go down a route to exclude any log type.
December 16, 2020 09:12PM
Thank you for adjusting to using the Event Date.

And thank you for your feedback on the "owners logging their own events" criteria. I never considered the situations you highlighted; my focus was trying to stop people from "cheating" and creating their own mini/quick flash mob/events just to satisfy the requirements for this challenge. But what you said makes sense; I'll remove that criteria.

I tested the checker on a few cachers and everything seems to be working great. Thank you! Is there any way to sort the weekday listings to Mon-Sun? I'm not sure what sort order it's using right now. And for people who don't meet the challenge, could the months/days/weekdays that are missing be listed in the output as well?

Thank you.
December 16, 2020 10:04PM
the sort order is alphabetic but can not be changed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login