To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Fix the Colorado Delorme Checker GCWXFK

[Resolved] Fix the Colorado Delorme Checker GCWXFK
January 26, 2021 10:28PM
I have seen the same error now on several users who have completed the Colorado Delorme Challenge.

Delorme Page 84 appears to have an error and does not recognize as complete, I am thinking that it is an error in the polygon set. I have verified the corner coordinates as posted on the cache page, and the coordinates of caches that are within those guidelines, but they don't seem to validate correctly. I don't understand the checkers enough to make a correction.
January 27, 2021 11:04AM
The problem is the coordinates mention on the cache page.
37 00.000
37 30.000
108 33.750
109 02.650

These coordinates are not matching the State boundary
See https://project-gc.com/Challenges//58312
If you zoom in on the southwest side of the map, you see the boundary difference
GC7B63Z - Score 4 @ Four Corners - Colorado -is just outside the boundary thus not counting
January 27, 2021 01:56PM
Regardless of Four Corners, there are caches within the posted coordinates that are not being recognized. I'll give you two examples:

1. User siff has found GC13Y2W, which is not being recognized for Page 84.
2. User allenmabry has found GC3WB53, also within the coordinate parameters, yet not being recognized.

Why is this occurring? It has nothing to do with any caches near the southwest boundary that is incorrect. There seems to be something else happening.
January 27, 2021 02:52PM
I found the problem. There is a mistake in the setup of the polychecker the eastern boundary is not correct for page 12, 22, 32, 42, 54, 64, 74 and 84

Because it is a polyset I have to make a new one and this will take some time but it is worth correcting.

I also noticed that there are differences with the coordinates given by the CO
I will use the given coordinates for the new checker
January 27, 2021 03:05PM
Thank you so much!
January 29, 2021 02:15PM
Here is the checker based on the coordinates mentioned on the listing
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCWXFK/58317

Please test and reply

When acceptable I will disable the old checker
January 29, 2021 03:06PM
I have checked several users and different scenarios and it looks like everything is now correct. Thank you for updating.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login