To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: 60 Degrees of Separation

[Resolved] 60 Degrees of Separation
April 20, 2021 03:58PM
This message is for vogelbird:

I need help! I just checked the checker with some people I know that qualify. (The reviewer required that I produce 10 locals that qualify just to be sure that the challenge isn't too obscure.) Both of them have a cache in New Zealand at S46°, and each of them have a cache at or above N59°. That should produce a minimum of 95° of separation. The checker said they didn't qualify. (p6363strib and TurtleLP are the two in question that SHOULD qualify.)

When I initially checked to see if it worked I used myself and 2 cachers that have finds in Antarctica. Then I tried a couple of cachers that I knew haven't done much caching to see if they qualified and they didn't (as expected).

I'm concerned with the two failures that I know should qualify.

Thanks for checking into this for me.

Porkwatch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2021 04:30PM by Porkwatch. (view changes)
April 20, 2021 04:16PM
According to the stats page of Project-GC
TurtleLP has found
Most Northerly cache found: N 59° 00.089, Welcome to The Ring of Brodgar GC6M2Y1 United Kingdom 1
Most Southerly cache found: N 28° 22.306, That's Some Water, Eh? - TDR3v GC9F98 United States 1
and
p6363strib
Most Northerly cache found: N 49° 13.857, Origins GC89NDR Canada
Most Southerly cache found: N 31° 33.841, five-oh GC5TM69 United States

Remember "Locationless (Reverse) Caches" are excluded
April 20, 2021 05:55PM
Hi,
You are right. Both of those cachers had found Little Communities Exchange cache in Oregon, but did not log the New Zealand half of the exchange cache. I contacted TurtleLP and she said she had forgotten to log the other half. In the meantime, p6363strib has died.
So... your checker seems to be perfect.
Thanks for your help.
Marty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login