To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Challenge Checker Request GC9AB7C

[Resolved] Challenge Checker Request GC9AB7C
April 28, 2021 04:27PM
Hello,

I would like a Challenge Checker for Adventurelab caches.

Challenge:
Find at least 1 Adventure lab cache on every day in any given month
Find at least 1 Adventure lab cache in every month, at any given year.

Thank you
Dunaghiri
April 28, 2021 04:44PM
I'm sorry but since the introduction in 2016 of the challenge guidelines this type of challenge is no longer allowed.

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Not acceptable
Trackable, Benchmarking, Waymarking logs, or specifying Lab Cache finds.
April 28, 2021 05:06PM
But thats because of the "old" LAB Caches.
This is about Adventure Lab caches.... New ones since 2019. Perhaps i could contact groundspeak if they can update the guidelines since this is a new type of geocache.
April 28, 2021 05:34PM
This is the guidence I got this month
Our understanding is that where Lab caches are ‘automatically’ compiled in geocaching statistics, such as Total Finds and Finds Calendar then, by default they will be included in any Challenge cache that uses one of those designators.

What we believe is not approved is any Challenge that specifically includes or requires Lab Caches.

From a Project-GC perspective, we would think that if you have to deliberately add ‘Lab Cache’ as a category to be included in some script, then it would not/should not be approved

April 29, 2021 04:22PM
So, if it would be a combined, Virtual and Adventure Lab cache it would be allowed.

I can change the listing and requirements into these two cache types

As since the introduction Virtual rewards, there are many more virtuals and with the Adventure labcaches there are many labs.

So in the same idea can you make a Challenge checker for:

Find at least ONE Virtual or Adventurelab cache at EVERY day of the month regardless the year,
AND at least 10 Virtuals OR Labcaches in every month of the year at any given year.

April 29, 2021 04:40PM
You still have the problem "Challenge that specifically includes or requires Lab Caches"

Please ask your local reviewer if he would allow the challenge
May 02, 2021 07:55AM
OK. As the chances of accepting are small, i realized i also qualify this cache on Virtuals alone. When Groundspeak will allow Labs's i can always make a new one. So new Request:

Can you make a Checker for:

Find at least 1 Virtual cache on every day in any given month
Find at least 1 Virtual cache in every month, at any given year.

Capture shows i qualify
May 02, 2021 09:05AM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9AB7C/60562

Please test and reply
May 02, 2021 10:41AM
Works perfectly! Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login