To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Something's a wee bit fishy with the checker for GC8R53W

[Resolved] Something's a wee bit fishy with the checker for GC8R53W
April 28, 2021 07:34PM
Hi vogelbird (or whoever else can look into it)!

I just received a message from a friend, who tried the checker, and got the go despite not fulfilling the last requirement. I checked my own response again, and I as well got a wrong response, I fulfil the requirement, but just once, not twice, as the checker stated. Is there something wrong? And if so, can it be repaired?

Grüße vom Sänger ♫

April 28, 2021 07:45PM
The whole podium (FTF, STF and TTF) all got the green light despite not having a month with more than 256 finds. That's a pity.

Grüße vom Sänger ♫

April 28, 2021 08:35PM
I think there is a misunderstanding here
The checker is working according to the guidelines Finding your best month never mind the years so all your finds in that month are counting

It is not allowed to ask for the month/year

The guidelines state
Not acceptable
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.
April 28, 2021 08:41PM
Yes there definitely is a misunderstanding. As that's something prominent in the stats on the profile page at geocaching.org itself, it never occurred to me that it was something verboten. The current status is of course very far away from what I intended. That's a pity. I have to look for something else, that would fit the 256-criteria and is a wee bit more ambitious.

Grüße vom Sänger ♫

April 29, 2021 04:53PM
Okay, you can close this as unsolvable, and I have to live with a bit less strict Challenge.

Grüße vom Sänger ♫

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login