To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Problem: GC9BMN5 PET 62: Geocaching Highs and Lows Challenge

[Resolved] Problem: GC9BMN5 PET 62: Geocaching Highs and Lows Challenge
June 18, 2021 02:03AM
Hi guys (of all genders),

We're struggling with the checker on GC9BMN5 PET 62: Geocaching Highs and Lows Challenge

This cache is supposed to check for 3+ high and 3+ low caches, "To claim this challenge cache, you must have found and logged at least 3 geocaches with an elevation below sea level (lower than 0 feet elevation) and 3 with an elevation greater than 1 mile (more than 5280 feet) high."

Cacher "oboegary & delaware hiker" are seeing results that show they have only 6 caches that meet the "high" qualification, when in fact they have over 63. I've seen the list personally, though I would rather not share it as it would reveal the exact location of their home.

I don't personally qualify (missing lows) but on my highs, the checker shows I have 10 over 5280, none over 6440ft. The problem is, I have 5 it's not catching, from 6476 to 9633 feet! So I definitely have at least 15 over 5341, but the checker for me (Mrs.Hoagie) only shows 10. (I'm on a Mac, so cannot run GSAK to confirm my full count.)

Can you help us understand the checker? Is this really a problem, or just a reporting error that's distracting qualified cachers?

Thanks.

Carolyn / Mrs.Hoagie
Carrie / Stews Crew
June 18, 2021 10:15AM
The config seems wrong.
, "count":{"field":"type"} should be deleted.
June 18, 2021 10:33AM
Well spotted, I made a copying error here, thank you
June 19, 2021 12:53AM
Mrs.Hoagie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> (I'm on
> a Mac, so cannot run GSAK to confirm my full
> count.)
>
If you have a Mac I recommend iCaching. It can not do anything like GSAK with all extensions but a lot

Alferic
June 19, 2021 08:41PM
Thanks Alferic! I was unaware of iCaching. I'll find it now.

Thanks, Foolie and Vogelbird, for the debug / fix in the checker. I'll check it now.

Mrs.Hoagie
June 19, 2021 08:44PM
Looks MUCH better for me, and definitely better for oboegary & Delaware hiker, too. I'll double check with them, but for today, call it CLOSED.

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login