To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC6KQE6, Long Island Map Challenge cache, Similar to Delorme but different Atlas

I'd like to create a challenge for Long Island, NY to find a cache on every page of the Hagstrom Atlas' of Nassau & Suffolk Counties. This would be 66 finds.
To build this challenge, would you need the coordinates for each corner of the map pages?
Let me know what else you'll need. Thanks. Andy - CP590
Under the 2016 Challenge Guidelines, user-defined geographic areas are not an acceptable basis for a challenge cache. See Section 10, "Source of Criteria." Not acceptable: "Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc."
Re: GC6KQE6, Long Island Map Challenge cache, Similar to Delorme but different Atlas
December 05, 2016 01:39AM
By that section 10 guideline, are DeLorme challenges grandfathered in & can no longer be submitted?

Can I revise the challenge to be:
Find 50 caches in both Nassau & Suffolk counties in New York, for a minimum total of 100 caches.
Of these, there must be at least 6 different cache types in each county.
Event, CITO, Mega, Virtual, Earth, Traditionals, Multis, Puzzles, Letterbox Hybrids, Web Cam and Wherigos are acceptable.
Locationless, Benchmarks and Lab caches are excluded.
CP590 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By that section 10 guideline, are
> DeLorme challenges grandfathered in & can no
> longer be submitted?

>
That's correct. New DeLorme challenges can't be published, but existing DeLorme challenges remain grandfathered.
December 05, 2016 10:20AM
Here is the link to the checker http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6KQE6/23740

Please confirm if this is what you require!
December 12, 2016 08:42PM
Thanks for the update. Please reduce the full printout - nobody needs to list 100 caches in their log! And it tends to exceed the character limit in a GC log. I'd like the example log to be compact so it can be pasted into a log neatly.

Please trim the example log so it only lists one each of the different cache types. Not 50 other caches.

Please remove the : OK: AND{

Please remove this line:
Found Types: Letterbox Hybrid, Virtual Cache, Unknown Cache, Traditional Cache, Event Cache, Multi-cache, Earthcache, Cache In Trash Out Event

This is nice.
gccode visitdate type cache_name
GC3K5VG 2012-07-10 Letterbox Hybrid Golden Clue Hybrid #7
GCBBF5 2006-09-22 Virtual Cache Nothing is Unusual
GCX9FT 2007-01-23 Unknown Cache Lem-4: Feeling Low
GCQK8T 2006-09-04 Traditional Cache NZ14 - Peek-a-boo
GC3138C 2011-08-20 Event Cache 1st Annual International Geocaching Day - LI
GCJD4K 2006-12-29 Multi-cache Caroon's Cache
GC17RP4 2009-11-15 Earthcache WR1-2 R U Bluffing?
GC2Q18D 2011-04-16 Cache In Trash Out Event Tackapausha Preserve CITO 2011

So the resulting log looks like this:
CP590 has used Project-GC to see if he/she qualified for this challenge and he/she did.

Nassau County
I made it with 8 different types, 1061 finds (50 needed).
GCnumber visitdate cachetype CacheName
Repeated only for the different types of caches. In this example, 8 types.

Suffolk County
I made it with 7 different types, 840 finds (50 needed).
Repeated only for the different types of caches. In this example, 7 types.

Please remove the extra wording: and needed only 6 Filters:( county:Nassau County (NY))
Thanks.
December 12, 2016 09:19PM
The output is fixed to a shorter version
December 13, 2016 01:51AM
I believe you are not reading my response completely.
Can you not remove the

OK: AND{

From the example log output?
December 13, 2016 05:31AM
Sorry but I can not remove the other outputs you asked for because they are anchored in the script output.
December 09, 2016 03:54PM
Thank you - That checker works for my challenge.
Would it be possible to improve the formatting of the example log so it looks like this:
Nassau County
I made it with 8 different types 1061 finds (50 needed).
cache type GCnumber with hyperlink Name
etc.
Suffolk County
I made it with 7 different types 840 finds (50 needed).
etc.

Thank you!
December 09, 2016 04:16PM
Output changed to a full printout but a hyperlink is not possible with this multi script
December 25, 2016 06:57PM
Thanks, That checker seems to work. I'll have the cache placed soon. Thanks for your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login