To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC3YBQW_challenge-5-5-5-5-5

[Awaiting feedback] GC3YBQW_challenge-5-5-5-5-5
January 23, 2022 08:17PM
Is it possible to create a challenge checker for this? I'm looking at creating a challenge here where I live.
It IS at the posted coordinates, but before you can log a smiley, you need to complete 5 mini-challenges, each involving the number 5. If you are successful, you will be rewarded with a 5/5 cache, which is totally about the logistical and physical effort needed to complete these challenges and not at all about the actual hide.

Good Luck!!!!!

Without further adieu, here are the 5 mini-challenges:

1) 5 "Busy" Days:
For mini-challenge #1, you need to find at least 5 cache types in one day, on each of 5 days.
The 5 types must be one of these 11 main cache types: CITO, Earthcache, Event, Letterbox Hybrid, Mega Event, Multi, Traditional, Unknown(Puzzle), Virtual, Webcam, and Wherigo.
If you have 10 or more cache types in one day, that may count for 2 "days".
These days do not need to be consecutive.
Each of these 5 days must have a unique set of 5 cache types (so, for example, if you used CITO/Event/Multi/Virtual/Unknown as your 5 cache types for one day, you couldn't use that same set for another day, but you could use CITO/Event/Multi/Virtual/Webcam). Sorting the types alphabetically makes confirmation of this easy.

2) 5 "Busy" 5 Day Streaks:
For mini-challenge #2, you need to find a different cache type each day for 5 consecutive days.
The 5 types must be one of these 11 main cache types: CITO, Earthcache, Event, Letterbox Hybrid, Mega Event, Multi, Traditional, Unknown(Puzzle), Virtual, Webcam, and Wherigo.
Two streaks may overlap provided they differ by at least one date and that you do not use the same cache type for any of the same dates in both streaks. (For example, if both streaks use 1/1/11, you may not use "Earthcache" for that day in both streaks.)
Each of these 5 streaks must have a unique set of 5 cache types that make up the streak (so, for example, if you used Event/Multi/Unknown/Virtual/Webcam as your 5 cache types for one streak, you couldn't use that same set for another streak, but you could use Event/Multi/Virtual/Webcam/Wherigo).
In addition, each of the 5 sets of cache types used to meet this mini-challenge must be unique from the 5 sets of cache types used to meet mini-challenge #1. So, at the end of mini-challenges #1 and #2, you will have 10 sets of 5 cache types, and every set must be a unique list (sort order doesn't matter, so a different order doesn't make a different list).
3) 5 "Single Type" Days:
For mini-challenge #3, you need to complete 5 separate days where you get at least 5 caches of one type, and it can NOT be Traditional.
All 25 caches must be of the same type and must be from the following list: CITO, Earthcache, Event, Letterbox Hybrid, Mega Event, Multi, Unknown(Puzzle), Virtual, Webcam, and Wherigo.
If you have 10 or more finds from one cache type in one day, this does NOT count for 2 "days".
These days do not need to be consecutive.
The cache type you choose for this mini-challenge must be different than the type you choose for mini-challenge #4.
4) 5 "Single Type" 5 Day Streaks:
For mini-challenge #4, you need to complete 5 separate 5-day streaks where you find the same cache type each day, and it can NOT be Traditional.
All 5 streaks must use the same type and must be from the following list: CITO, Earthcache, Event, Letterbox Hybrid, Mega Event, Multi, Unknown(Puzzle), Virtual, Webcam, and Wherigo.
These 5 separate streaks may NOT overlap.
In addition, the cache type you choose for this mini-challenge must be different than the type you chose for mini-challenge #3.
5) 5 Consecutive Days with 5 Physical Cache Finds:
For mini-challenge #5, you need to complete 5 consecutive days where you find at least 5 physical caches each day (with a physical container and logbook).
All 25 caches must be from the following list: Letterbox Hybrid, Multi, Traditional, Unknown(Puzzle), and Wherigo.
In addition, at least one cache of the 5 each day MUST be a Traditional, and each Traditional cache that you use to represent each day must be of a different difficulty rating.
Other Things:
These requirements are minimums, not exact specifications. You can find any number of additional caches, cache types, and streaks above and beyond what you use to meet the requirements for any given mini-challenge.
Caches can be anywhere in the world. You are not limited to Minnesota caches.
All past finds count, however see FTF Considerations.
See our sample on how to post your qualification.
Most importantly, have fun! The objective of this challenge is to experience many different aspects of geocaching including streaks, numbers, and a multitude of cache types.
January 23, 2022 08:49PM
Please read the hiding guidelines

Non of yours requirements are allowed

see rule 2.12.9. Time-Limited
January 23, 2022 08:57PM
I'm not sure what you are saying. Do you want me to create this challenge and then ask for a checker? because I do qualify. Took me a couple hours to find that I do qualify. I just thought I would see if a checker exists first.
January 23, 2022 09:03PM
We are only allowed to create checkers for challenge which are acceptable for the reviewers.

A CO should start reading the hiding guidelines on challenges first before asking for checker
January 23, 2022 09:16PM
Challenge cache criteria
must come from information broadly available on Geocaching.com such as on the statistics page, cache placement dates, types, attributes, souvenirs, etc.
must be verifiable through information on Geocaching.com.
Challenge cache owners must demonstrate that there are plenty of qualifying caches to meet the challenge at the time of publication.

I can understand the 10 mile one being disqualified... but this 5555 would be too difficult to create?
I did it with GSAK.
January 23, 2022 09:23PM
Please read 2.12.9. Time-Limited

Not acceptable
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Examples: Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.
and
Specifying any element of a cache page (type, rating, etc.) or find count (above one per day) required during a streak.
and
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative.
January 23, 2022 10:10PM
Sorry, I completely overlooked that this is a Legacy cache

A checker is allowed to be made, my apologetisch
January 23, 2022 11:41PM
Let me know if you make a challenge checker for this cache. Thanks.
January 23, 2022 10:11PM
Ok got it. No 55555 for us. No problem. Plenty of other challenges coming up thanks.
December 20, 2022 04:42PM
This will be a master class in legacy challenge checker building. This looks like a tough one to custom script, especially the interaction of parts 1 and 2.
December 21, 2022 02:32PM
I couldn't leave this one alone... (don't tell my boss):
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC3YBQW/73707

I have checked against all finders in the last few years, and it agrees with their results. Not necessarily exactly the finds that they chose for their qualifiers, but that those that said they passed did according to the script (except "brobin80", who has 1 find!!) I must say, it's rare that all loggers of a challenge this complicated actually all pass it. Usually there's at least one person that makes a mistake.

As discussed on the cache logs, I also ran against several who have logged notes, and it says several of them qualify as well. So if they look at their PGC challenge lists (which, who doesn't look at those daily? :)), they might log their finds. @CheekyBrit - it appears you qualify as well. Ran several people who don't qualify (including myself - I don't pass #4), and seems good there too.

Please test and respond.
January 20, 2023 01:24PM
This thread has not received any further feedback and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section
January 20, 2023 03:03PM
I see nobody responded to BMuzzin.
It works like a charm!each positive and negative test I tried behaved itself as expected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login