To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker change needed for GC9R0JT

[Resolved] Checker change needed for GC9R0JT
April 08, 2022 10:09PM
I need a checker created for GC9R0JT

This checker similar to GC9MCHP Nontraditional Jasmer - RM Challenge #209.

The one change that I would like to make is that my reviewer doesn't like "moving targets", (challenges that require you to find more caches each month, so the qualifications just keep increasing over time) So this challenge would have to be a set date range. I would request that the dates be May 1, 2000 through May 1 2022. (If you can't create a checker with a future date, then go ahead and set the end date to April 1, 2022.

Thanks!

Chris
Re: Checker change needed for GC9R0JT
April 09, 2022 04:47AM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9R0JT/67694

At the moment the end date is set as 2022-04-30

Please test and reply
April 09, 2022 02:04PM
Can you make one adjustment to this checker? There are no active non-traditional caches in July or August 2000. So can we allow for a leeway or 5 months? (so 5 freebie months just in case there are more issues like this in the future due to archived caches)

Thanks!

Chris
April 09, 2022 03:39PM
I revised the config To allow a leeway of 5 months

I also noticed a error which I corrected. The old convig did not exclude Traditional Caches
April 10, 2022 12:19AM
Thanks for removing the traditional caches...I wondered why EVERYONE seemed to be able to qualify for this challenge. Unfortunately, now that you have removed traditional caches, I don't qualify anymore. Can you change the leeway to 20 months? (based on the various cachers that I ran through the checker - 20 months is a good number of freebies to allow) So if you can change it to a 20 month leeway, then I think that it should be acceptable. Sorry for the extra work on this checker - I appreciate the effort!

Chris
April 13, 2022 07:36PM
Any progress on this checker request? I hadn't heard any updates, so I thought that I would check and see.

Thanks!

Chris
April 13, 2022 08:27PM
Sorry, I forgot the change but it is done now
April 13, 2022 09:21PM
Checker works perfectly! Please feel free to close this request.

Thanks for your help!

Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login