To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GCA38CF

[Resolved] GCA38CF
April 12, 2023 03:24AM
I would like a checker for GCA38CF - Well Rounded Durham Region Cacher Challenge. This is based off the original Well Rounded cacher challenge however all of the geocaches need to be located within Durham Region, Province of Ontario, Canada.

To qualify people need to have completed an 81 grid ( Fizzy Grid) of finds in Durham Region.

The cache types need to include at least one find of a Traditional, Multi stage, Mystery, Wherigo, Letterbox, Virtual, Earthcache, CITO and an Event cache.

All past finds count

People cannot use this cache to qualify for the 5.0/1.0 DT and need to qualify before logging it as a find.
I have checked to make sure there are currently active caches in Durham Region for new cachers to qualify and there are with regular events and CITO's occurring on a regular basis so someone working on this challenge should be able to qualify going forward or from past finds.
April 12, 2023 04:02PM
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA38CF/76691

Please test.

Your Reviewer will likely deny this Challenge, since there are not "plenty" of caches available to qualify. In particular, there is only one cache in Durham region for each of the following combinations.

1.0/3.0
4.0/5.0
1.5/5.0
4.5/4.0
1.0/5.0
5.0/2.5
5.0/1.0

In addition, there are a further 17 D/T combinations that are only available through 2 or 3 caches.
April 12, 2023 04:11PM
Fair enough. I had researched the caches in Durham Region and a group of us were going to put out more in the DT's you indicated to get to a minimum of 3 caches for every DT rating. I will shelve this challenge for now and see if the community picks up the sack.

Thanks for the feedback
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login