To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: An update and a few new checkers (all not mine)

[Resolved] An update and a few new checkers (all not mine)
June 28, 2023 07:19PM
Hello checker creators! I'm not sure if this belongs in here, but I think it does... let me know if that's incorrect.

A couple of requests based on some caches I've come across that lack a checker, or require a new one.

The first is GC2DMCT (https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC2DMCT) as it should work in a similar fashion to GC3W5J6 with restin' caches (but only needing 50 instead of 100)... but the current checker is for a N 43 latitude checker.

The second is a checker for GC3M80F as it doesn't have one. It looks like the current checker would require 38 ontario counties by my count, even though the original listing specifies 40, and specifically the southern ontario counties. From the list on the cache page PGC (now?) amalgamates Haldimand-Norfolk, and then the CO specifies that you don't have to have a cache found in Parry Sound making 38 of the 40 listed.

The third is a checker for GC40DX3 as it also doesn't have one. Requirements seem pretty straightforward, in a 365 day period, have a streak of 100 days, have a day totalling 100 or more caches, and have a month with 100 or more caches (if the century day occurs within this month, the new requirement is 200).

The fourth (and final!) would be for GC28V43, another challenge that doesn't have a checker. It seems like it's a bit of a mix between the original fizzy challenges for specific cache type requirements, with a dash of GC6W0N9 (Ontario only fizzy), and a required find date after April 1st, 2010.

Apologies if these are duplicate requests or if I'm unable to request a checker for a cache that isn't mine, I searched the forums in case the GC codes popped up in here but didn't find anything.

Cheers,
Sharpeye468
June 28, 2023 08:15PM
Hello Sharpeye468,

(1) You can use https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC2DMCT/79001 for GC2DMCT. @vogelbird, please disable #72037.

(2) I will go through and match up counties and make a checker for this.

(3) This probably isn't possible, but I will look into it.

(4) You can use https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC28V43/79002 for GC28V43. Note that it cannot check rules 6 and 9.

Thanks,
Hügh
June 28, 2023 08:24PM
For (2): Haldimand-Norfolk is a federal electoral district, which is why the two are merged together (they had to do this since polygon data for Haldimand and Norfolk counties was not available back in 201x.) Project-GC administrators are currently working on updating polygons for Canada; I will let them know about this.

Once they update polygons, I will make a checker for this that properly handles the counties separately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2023 08:32PM by Hügh. (view changes)
June 29, 2023 09:24PM
Thanks for the update and the two other checkers! I'm in bmuzzin's boat of "hoping to get full coverage for ontario challenge caches where possible" because it's a big help in a lot of cases, but just don't know enough about LUA to help out... so I'm glad that there are folks that do. Looks like I'm clear for a haldimand and norfolk split up on PGC (will have at least 1 in both anyways!) so I'll happily log it without the checker to aid for now.
August 11, 2023 01:17AM
Checking back in because I happened to remember, are the changes all worked out with the counties now, meaning a checker can be built for GC3M80F?
August 11, 2023 01:59AM
Ah yes, thanks for bringing this thread back to the front page. I'll get started now.
August 11, 2023 06:31AM
August 11, 2023 10:30PM
Gives me a check mark, is there really much more I can ask for? Looks good, thanks for the hard work!
June 28, 2023 08:32PM
Tag 72037 is disabled
June 29, 2023 01:50AM
I think #3 is possible... But will probably require a custom script. I've been going through Ontario caches and implementing the ones where checkers can be made (we're probably the highest percentage of challenges with checkers now of any region!)....I'll put this one next on my list.
June 29, 2023 01:51AM
If you want to write the script, go ahead! (I was kinda hoping that I wouldn't have to do it... :D)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2023 01:52AM by Hügh. (view changes)
June 29, 2023 09:11PM
#3: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC40DX3/79018

It shows that some of the recent loggers don't qualify, however, I think the script is working correctly. It may be they are using ALs as their 100 find days, which the script does not take into account (and, since they weren't a "thing" when the challenge was published, and shouldn't "really" be used for challenges, I think they should be excluded - getting 100 AL stages in a day is WAY easier than finding 100 "real" caches). You (SharpEye) it says qualifies, and seems to generally match your log qualifications. I don't qualify (and the script reports that), because I've never found 100 in a day... which, since I've stopped streaking, I guess I need to do before a year is up otherwise, there's going to be a challenge I'm missing out on :).
June 29, 2023 09:19PM
Checker seems like it's working to me, looks like it's taken the 365 day period starting from when I did my first century month (nov/2016) to nov/2017 for my streaking period. I'm "lucky" to have done my streak before labs were really a big thing so I don't have to worry about the inclusion or exclusion of them (woohoo!).
June 30, 2023 06:00PM
As far as I can tell, there are only 7 challenges left in Ontario that do not have checkers that *could* have checkers written for them (in addition to GC3M80F requested here already):

GC397T5
GC3J9CN
GC3YHJV
GC3YKRA
GC43YV3
GC4GYQB
GC4W6H2

GC3J9CN would require *lots* of polygons, so that's probably never going to happen.
GC43YV3 would certainly require a new script, and it wouldn't be easy to write it, since it's the 20 top favorites from *any* starting location. Could be a "challenge" to write though :).
The rest I think could be tagged with existing, or at least, would require minimal changes to existing scripts.

There are an additional 17 challenges which cannot have checkers, because they required some information that project-gc doesn't have (waymarks, home coordinates or trackable logs).
June 30, 2023 06:02PM
I can give GC3J9CN a go; I've been building polygons for a bunch of grandfathered ones in BC lately...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login