To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Need Checker

[Resolved] Need Checker
July 02, 2023 11:58AM
To whom it may concern,

I need a checker for an old cache of mine:
https://coord.info/GC45GR6
500 TBs dropped off.

Thank you in advance

-longW
July 02, 2023 04:09PM
Hello longW,

Unfortunately it is not possible to build a checker for this challenge, because Project-GC's checker system does not have access to trackable logs.

Thanks,
Hügh
July 02, 2023 04:54PM
Hi Hügh,
Your argument is not quite true, as this checkers
1k TBs
reveals.
Access to the individual Logs of trackable items is not needed.
You only need access to the statistics of a particular cacher.

HTH

-longW
local args={...}
local conf = args[1].config
local profileName = args[1].profileName
local profileId = args[1].profileId
-- PGC.print produces debug log
PGC.print('Got profile name, ', profileName, "\n")

--[[
-- Example filter code
local filter = {}
if(conf.country ~= nil) then
	filter['country'] = conf.country
end
--]]

-- Get data for as few fields as possible to reduce memory usage. A full list of fields can be found at http://project-gc.com/doxygen/lua-sandbox/classPGC__LUA__Sandbox.html#a8b8f58ee20469917a29dc7a7f751d9ea
local tb = PGC.GetNumTrackablesDiscovered(profileId)
PGC.print(tb)

local log = {}

local fail=false
local lok=false

--  [trackablesDiscovered] => 759
--     [coinsDiscovered]
if conf.trackablesDiscovered~= nil then
 	if tonumber(tb.trackablesDiscovered)>=conf.trackablesDiscovered then
  		lok=true
    	table.insert(log,"You made it with "..tb.trackablesDiscovered..
      " trackables dicovered and you only needed "..conf.trackablesDiscovered)
  	else
    	fail=true
   	 table.insert(log,"You did not make it. You have only discovered "..tb.trackablesDiscovered..
      " trackables and you needed "..conf.trackablesDiscovered)

end
end
if conf.travelbugsDiscovered~= nil then
 	if tonumber(tb.travelbugsDiscovered)>=conf.travelbugsDiscovered then
  		lok=true
    table.insert(log,"You made it with "..tb.travelbugsDiscovered..
      " travelbugs dicovered and you only needed "..conf.travelbugsDiscovered)
  	else
    	fail=true
     	 table.insert(log,"You did not make it. You have only discovered "..tb.travelbugsDiscovered..
      " travelbugs and you needed "..conf.travelbugsDiscovered)
    end
end

if conf.coinsDiscovered~= nil then
 	if tonumber(tb.coinsDiscovered)>=conf.coinsDiscovered then
  		lok=true
    table.insert(log,"You made it with "..tb.coinsDiscovered..
      " coins dicovered and you only needed "..conf.coinsDiscovered)
  	else
    	fail=true
     	 table.insert(log,"You did not make it. You have only discovered "..tb.coinsDiscovered..
      " coins and you needed "..conf.coinsDiscovered)
    end
end

local ok=false

if lok==true and fail==false then
  ok=true
end
local html=false
if ok ==false then
	html =table.concat(log,"<br>")
end
local log = table.concat(log,"\n")

return { ok = ok, log = log, html = html }

July 02, 2023 04:56PM
That checks for 1,000 trackables discovered. You are asking for 500 trackables dropped off.
July 02, 2023 05:19PM
You said, you have not access to these logs, and I did proof that this it not mandatory. You had no argument whatsoever, at least as I understand form your writing, not your thinking of course, about the distinction between 'discovered' and 'droppedOff'.
There is obviously an API stating "tb.coinsDiscovered" and "~.travelbugsDiscovered" respectivly, which works.
Probably there is something similar like "tb.coinDroppedOff" and "~.travelbugsDroppedOff", probably not.

I do not know about your recent API-changes, as I can't find such statement in your actual sparse documentation. But given that the 'discovered' statement is active, as attribute to the cacher, there might be a chance that the other attribute can be activated as well.

HTH

-longW
July 02, 2023 05:32PM
I was of course aware that `PGC.GetNumTrackablesDiscovered` can obtain the number of trackables discovered, but this isn't pertinent to your request so I did not bring it up in my first response. Instead, I said "Project-GC's checker system does not have access to trackable logs" as an attempt to explain, to you, why your particular request is not possible with Project-GC's current checking system. I could have been 100%-correct and said "Project-GC can check discoveries but not drop-offs, and only the count of discoveries", but since the majority of users do not go looking at the code/API it would only make me seem like a robot.

Probably there is something similar like "tb.coinDroppedOff" and "~.travelbugsDroppedOff", probably not.

You are correct, there is not.

You are welcome to make a feature request to the Project-GC administrators at https://project-gc.com/qa/, but I can tell you that it is unlikely to be implemented since post-moratorium challenges cannot be based on trackables.
July 02, 2023 05:49PM
You are so cute!!!
Thank for for your first humanoid answer.

Ok then, I like to repeat another request of mine, because a false checker is used on this cache.
It is that checker from above, which cachers like to use for whatever reason, got a green light, and then a smiley.
I have three options:
a) Keep on discussing with all cachers doing it wrong,
b) archive this cache,
or c) Got the checker disbaled or removed.

Hans said, it is not desired, because cachers like to sign and fulfil the request later. As far as I am concerned, and said checker was made for my cache, there are no open logs anymore, c) would be the option I'd like to go.
If the checker is disabled, there would be no other way to proof it than as described in the listing.

Thank you for your considerations

-longW
July 02, 2023 06:08PM
I am confused. You would like https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC45GRN/10418 to be disabled because people are using it for GC45GR6?

In that case, I am a little hesitant, because GC45GRN/10418 is "tagged" with the GC# "GC45GRN" (if you click the link beside "1k TBs (Germany)" it goes to GC45GRN) and so players should not be using it to check for GC45GR6. If they are then they are misusing the checker.

Ideally, we would rather leave GC45GRN/10418 alone so that players can use it to check for GC45GRN, which is what is was created for. Of course, GC45GRN is now-archived, and both here are grandfathered challenges and thus are not required to have checkers. So I suppose that you are allowed to have them removed.

In any case I will let @vogelbird deal with the removal since (1) he made GC45GRN/10418 and (2) he is officially Moderator so has more authority than I. I have messaged him so that he looks at this thread.
July 02, 2023 07:41PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login