To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC718FP An Iowa Counties Challenge

[Resolved] GC718FP An Iowa Counties Challenge
February 26, 2017 11:02PM
I would like to request a challenge checker for GC718FP "An Iowa Counties Challenge". It is based on a challenge from GC3YAYW "L in XX An Iowa Counties Challenge". That old cache has been archived. I would like to recreate the challenge based on my current statics.

Essentially, I request a checker that looks at a user's profile stats for Maps. Within Maps, the checker should look at the United States Region Iowa list of counties where caches have been found. The checker needs to apply the following criteria to identify the qualifying Iowa counties.

The criteria are:
1) Find and log at least 200 caches in four different Iowa counties.
2) Find and log at least 100 caches in eight different Iowa counties.
3) Find and log at least 50 caches in twelve different Iowa counties.
4) Find and log at least 25 caches in sixteen different Iowa counties.

My thought is for the output to list the counties, by name, that have 200 finds, 100 finds, 50 finds, and 25 finds. If the user qualifies, they will receive a successful checker result.

For my profile, the output would be:
Iowa counties with at least 200 finds: Benton County, Black Hawk County, Buchanan County, Dubuque County, Linn County
Iowa counties with at least 100 finds: Benton County, Black Hawk County, Buchanan County, Dubuque County, Fayette County, Johnson County, Polk County, Linn County
Iowa counties with at least 50 finds: Benton County, Black Hawk County, Buchanan County, Cedar County, Dallas County, Delaware County, Dubuque County, Fayette County, Johnson County, Jones County, Polk County, Linn County
Iowa counties with at least 25 finds: Benton County, Black Hawk County, Boone County, Bremer County, Buchanan County, Cedar County, Dallas County, Delaware County, Dubuque County, Fayette County, Johnson County, Jones County, Linn County, Polk County, Scott County, Story County

Note that an Iowa county can be in more than one category.  For example, I have found more than 200 caches in Buchanan County, so I count Buchanan County as a county with at least 200 caches, at least 100 caches, at least 50 caches and at least 25 caches.  This means that the minimal number of counties needed to completed this challenge is 16. The minimum number of finds is 1600 caches.

All cache types are accepted.
February 26, 2017 11:49PM
Here is a checker: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC718FP/25101

I'm going to tweak the output a bit to give the list of counties, but that tag will continue to be the one.
February 27, 2017 12:46AM
The checker works perfectly. I have incorporated it into the listing. Thank you for developing the script.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login