To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] A few various Ontario checker requests

[Resolved] A few various Ontario checker requests
August 13, 2023 02:22AM
GCACR84 - A checker similar to GC7E6XT but for virtuals in 40 ontario counties.

GCACR87 - A checker similar to GC7E6XN but for 31 oldest in ontario counties.

GCACR8K - Hoping to get a checker created to find the most favourited cache in 20 different ontario counties.

GCACR8A - Hoping to use the same checker as above and get as many counties out of it that I can, as far as I know I have 39, but the max I could find easily for others (keeping in mind the 10 other people must qualify restriction in ontario) was 38.

GCACR8C - Hoping to get a checker created for 129 virtual finds, just the virtual found must be in Ontario.

GCACR8H - Hoping to get a checker created for finding a variety of ontario's oldest caches. Oldest trad, multi, mystery, letterbox, wherigo, virtual, webcam, and earthcache as well as oldest micro, small, regular, large, other, and not chosen for a total of 14 oldies. There is a double for oldest traditional and regular, but I was hoping to get a challenge checker to check if 13 of the 14 oldies (deer bait would count twice in this case) have been found.

Cheers and let me know,
Sharpeye468 :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2023 02:23AM by Sharpeye468. (view changes)
Re: A few various Ontario checker requests
August 13, 2023 06:26PM
Hello Sharpeye468,

You can use:

GCACR84: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCACR84/80181
GCACR87: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCACR87/80182
GCACR8K: I'll get back to you.
GCACR8A: I'll get back to you.
GCACR8C: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCACR8C/80183
GCACR8H: I'll get back to you.

Please test it, and let me know if it is as requested or if it requires further modification.

Thanks,
Hügh
August 13, 2023 08:54PM
A couple more:

GCACR8K: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCACR8K/80186
GCACR8H: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCACR8H/80197

Note that archived caches are included in the list, as required by HQ. For example, you have found GC2RR80 in Lanark County which has more FPs than the current best, GC3VMFZ. So, you get credit for Lanark County. Similarly, players that found GC1DX3R do not need to find GC1G53Y, which is the current oldest Wherigo available.

I can make one for GCACR8A at 38 counties, but if you would like to do more research you can use the checker I linked for GCACR8K to see if 40 might be possible.
August 13, 2023 09:22PM
Thanks so much!

GCACR84 - Looks good!

GCACR87 - The error message is a little broken in terms of english (maybe it was translated originally?). Small typo with "Missing cacheches are in red" and then "If you were fulfilled it when you logged it in the past you might get a does not today." as well as "On some challenges you when you accept it make a list and compare to that list. If you have done it you might fulfill the logging requirements right now but the checker can´t know that.".

Super minor stuff, but if the typo could be fixed for the first one, and then the second line become "If you fulfilled the requirements when you logged the challenge in the past, you might get a "Does Not Qualify" today". And finally, perhaps the third line simply be omitted in this case? Not sure how it would be fixed because I don't think it can quite follow with GC guidelines?

GCACR8C - Looks good!

GCACR8K - Looks good, I had forgotten that Lanark's was archived... yay 40! I will play around for a little bit with it to see what I can do in terms of other cachers, the best I was able to come up with was 38 for some. I will certainly be running a few through the checker and seeing if there's 39 or 40 or whatever is the maximum I can get up to for 10 people and see if they've found better (like Frontenac, or now Lanark!).

GCACR8H - Also looks good and I'm happy that the archived ones were included here as well... really neat tool especially for the older cachers. I was banking on the archived ones (mostly checked with GC1CGZW to get my list of 10) to be able to work for the challenge.

Cheers and thank you so much!
Sharpeye468

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2023 09:23PM by Sharpeye468. (view changes)
August 13, 2023 09:55PM
Wonderful.

For GCACR87: yes, this was likely translated from another language. Unfortunately it is not possible for me to make corrections to that particular script's output. But if you'd like, I can delete it and give you a new link that uses the same script as GCACR8K/GCACR8H.
August 13, 2023 11:41PM
I would love the same script as one of those for GCACR87, the output is much cleaner (in my opinion!).

The best I could do using the favourite point script is actually 37 (which highlighted that my list was out of date by about 4 FP's in essex county!) for a couple of people which is a shame, but it's what will stand. Maybe I'll revisit the concept in the future for another challenge if more people take a stab at this one. So for GCACR8A, feel free to use 37.

Cheers and thanks!
Sharpeye468
August 13, 2023 11:47PM
August 14, 2023 02:12AM
Thanks for the new checkers, one last thing (should be the last thing, I promise!) is that GCACR87 is currently set at 20 instead of 31 for county oldest caches
August 14, 2023 02:14AM
Oh no, this is my fault. So sorry. Second mistake I've made today: I'm juggling a bunch of requests simultaneously so it happens. It should be fixed now.
August 14, 2023 02:16AM
No worries, I appreciate it a lot, thanks for the hard work :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login