To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: New checker for GCAFRGQ

[Resolved] New checker for GCAFRGQ
October 28, 2023 03:18AM
Greetings! I am working on a series of 50 challenges, one for each of the 50 U.S. states. They mostly all follow the same format "Find ____ in 5 different states," but there are a few variations.

CHALLENGE FOR GCAFRGQ - Find caches in 5 different states totaling an elevation of 0 feet.

If possible, can the output for the checker look like https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFRFG/82172

THANKS!
October 28, 2023 03:33AM
Is this totalling at most zero feet? Or exactly zero feet?

The first is easier, the second could be challenging.
October 28, 2023 03:43AM
So for example, I have found a cache at Death Valley. It's something like -280 feet below sea level.

So if I found a cache at 20 feet, then the sum of the elevation would be -260, which is still less than 0. Rinse and repeat for 5 states.

The sum of the elevation cannot exceed 0 feet.
October 28, 2023 04:04AM
Okay I must be tired because I cannot figure this one out either. I will flag this one as "New" so that vogelbird and/or Svartrav and/or bmuzzin and/or whoever else will take a look.
October 29, 2023 02:43AM
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFRGQ/82245

Alright, same mindbendingness as the last one, however, I think this should work now. It 'negates' the meters above sea level, so, the points it gives you must be greater than 0 for you to pass... so if you fail (as I do), it gives your points as a negative number. Although, I think it should be pretty clear to people that run it whether they pass or fail, and what they need to do to improve.

Also the whole world does meters except the US, and all elevation readings in PGC are in meters, ... and zero is zero anyhow :).

Test it out and let us know.
October 29, 2023 02:52AM
It says "This checker script is disabled"
October 29, 2023 12:24PM
Whoops... Try again.
October 29, 2023 02:04PM
Hey there! This checker looks to work well. Thanks!

Would it be possible to clean up the output log? For example could the output just be

STATE / GC CODE / CACHE NAME / ELEVATION

The "User has 1 finds (1 needed) Filters:( country:United States , excludeTypes (Locationless (Reverse) Cache) , excludeRegions (District of Columbia) , region:New York) at elevation 10000 m.a.s.l. or less" makes it very hard to see the information required and I'd rather not have people copy and pasting this massive string into their logs.
October 30, 2023 01:38AM
Again, unfortunately, making the output "pretty" is difficult, because this is a generic script which is pieces many bits together. For this particular case, to get that output, you'd probably require a custom script. You can go with this one, or, wait until somebody writes a custom one for this challenge. Let us know.
October 30, 2023 01:30PM
Ok, y'all have already done a lot of work for me so let's leave it as is. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login