To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GCAFTY2 Size / Terrain X 50

[Resolved] GCAFTY2 Size / Terrain X 50
November 13, 2023 07:04PM
Hello sir or madam.
May I please have your help making a challenge checker?
The challenge for GCAFTY2 is to find at lest 50 combinations of size and terrain. Worded another way, fill at least 50 squares on the grid that has size on one side and terrain on the other side. With 7 sizes (micro, small, regular, large, other, not chosen, virtual) and 9 terrain ratings, that give a max score of 63. Qualifying finds can be hidden any time, be found any time, any location, be any difficulty, and type except lab caches or benchmarks.
I qualify and so too do >10 locals; this is approved by my local reviewer, Ice&Wind.

The output hopefully will look something like this with size on the left and terrain on the top:

It is similar to the request for GCAFTXZ.

Thank you very much for your time and help,
- Ladderguy
November 13, 2023 11:33PM
Here you go: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFTY2/82753

Please confirm it is suitable.
November 14, 2023 06:24PM
sumbloke, this checker this is excellent.
As far as functionality it ticks all the boxes. It performs for both positive and negative tests with the correct goal of 50/63. The link between cache page and checker page link to each other, the GC code is correct, and the green and red numbers reflect the correct number of successful and failed tests.

Better still, the output is in a visually clear grid with not just a pass or fail, but the number of each combination that someone has; nice touch. Better still, each one is linked to an example cache that qualifies that combination. Sublime stuff.

Thank you for your time and help sum bloke.
- ladderguy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login