To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GCAFTYA County / Size X 200 challenge

[Resolved] GCAFTYA County / Size X 200 challenge
November 13, 2023 07:28PM
Hello sir or madam.
May I please have your help making a challenge checker. Worded another way, fill at least 50 squares on the grid that has size on one side and U.S. county on the other side. With 3144 counties in the United States (including D.C) and 7 sizes (micro, small, regular, large, other, not chosen, virtual) that give a max theoretical score of 22008 (though a lot of counties don't have all the sizes so the max is closer to 15000). That would be crazy to see in one person's lifetime. Qualifying finds can be hidden any time, be found any time, be any terrain or difficulty, and any type except lab caches or benchmarks.
I qualify and so too do >10 locals; this is approved by my local reviewer, Ice&Wind.

If it helps, there is a checker already that does a similar thing but with type instead of size.
I don't know how things work on your end of coding these checkers, but if it is a long repetitive process of adding the same code in every county's line, I'm happy to help copy and paste a bunch if it'll save you time.
The output hopefully will look something like this:

Thank you very much for your help!
- Ladderguy
November 13, 2023 11:29PM
Here you go: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFTYA/82751

It looks like you only have 398 combinations so far, but you said you qualify. Can you check the output and let me know which ones you think should match for you but don't?
November 14, 2023 04:47PM
Hi SumBloke, I figured out my mistake. The goal for this challenge is 200 points. It is right on the cache page and on the title of the request, but in the text of the request I used the number 50. Silly me. Sorry.
Would you mind changing the required number of points to 200 please? That should have it working properly. Everything else looks really good.

Thank you.
- Ladderguy.
November 14, 2023 11:14PM
Ah, and I joined the two numbers together to get 500. Adjusted to 200 now.
November 15, 2023 08:03PM
Everything works just like it should. Thank you for making the adjustment. We can mark this one as resolved now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login