To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Month hidden / difficulty X 50 challenge - GCAFTYK

[Resolved] Month hidden / difficulty X 50 challenge - GCAFTYK
November 20, 2023 06:18AM
Hello! Thanks for helping with this challenge checker for GCAFTYK

The challenge for GCAFTYK is to find at least 50 combinations of hidden month and difficulty. Worded another way, you need to fill at least 50 squares on the grid made with placed month on one side and terrain on the other. Qualifying finds can be hidden any year or day of the month, be found any date, any location, any terrain, any size, and be any type except lab caches or benchmarks.
If possible, I am really hoping to have a grid output for the checker something like this:

If it helps, a similar checker is already built using a "X by Y Grid" script by bmuzzin. https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFTY2/82753
I personally qualify for this challenge and so do 10 locals. The local reviewer, Ice&Wind has approved it.
November 20, 2023 12:46PM
Hi!
Here is your checker; https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFTYK/83011

Please test it and respond to confirm if everything is ok
November 20, 2023 05:46PM
Thank you for building the checker. I noticed the difficulty columns are shuffled around. Is it possible to have them in order from 1 through 5 please?
November 20, 2023 06:33PM
Sure thing. Checker has been modified.
November 21, 2023 04:26PM
Svarträv this is excellent.
As far as functionality it ticks all the boxes. It performs for both positive and negative tests with the correct goal of 50. The link between cache page and checker page link to each other, the GC code is correct, and the green and red numbers reflect the correct number of successful and failed tests.
The sides are now organized in correct order AND we still have the cool features of a number count in each square, as well as links to an example geocache.

Cheers,
CheekyBrit
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login