To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Type / terrain X 30 challenge GCAFTYT

[Resolved] Type / terrain X 30 challenge GCAFTYT
November 20, 2023 06:37AM
Hello! Thanks for helping with this challenge checker for GCAFTYT

The challenge for GCAFTYT is to find at least 30 combinations of terrain and type. Worded another way, can you fill at least 30 squares of the grid made with terrain and type. Qualifying finds can be hidden any date, be found any date, any location, any size, and be any difficulty. Since lab caches and benchmarks do not count for this challenge, here are the types you have to work with: traditional, multi, unknown, event, earth, letterbox, whereigo, virtual, webcam, CITO, mega event, giga event, GPS maze, HQ, Project APE cache, community celbration event, Block party, HQ community celebration event, and locationless.

If possible, I am really hoping to have a grid output for the checker something like this:

If it helps, a similar checker is already built using a "X by Y Grid" script by bmuzzin. https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFTY2/82753
I personally qualify for this challenge and so do 10 locals. The local reviewer, Ice&Wind has approved it.
Cheers mate,
CheekyBrit
November 20, 2023 12:37PM
Hi!
Here is your checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFTYT/83006

Please test it and respond to confirm if everything is ok
November 20, 2023 05:47PM
Thank you for building the checker. I noticed the terrain rows are shuffled around. Is it possible to have them in order from 1 through 5 please?
November 20, 2023 06:31PM
Sure thing. Checker has been modified.
November 21, 2023 04:45PM
Everything looks good except the tag comment. It currently says "30 type/size combinations". I don't know if this is a big issue, but I think it is supposed to say "30 type/terrain combinations".
November 21, 2023 04:47PM
Just a description. I've changed it.
November 21, 2023 05:42PM
Perfection!
Thank you Svarträv. I am in awe of the work that you and your fellow checker builders do with that lua code.
You lot help keep the game within a game alive and well.

Cheers,
CheekyBrit
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login