To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Size / state X 100 challenge GCAFTYX

[Resolved] Size / state X 100 challenge GCAFTYX
November 20, 2023 06:39AM
Hello! Thanks for helping with this challenge checker for GCAFTYX

The challenge for GCAFTYX is to find at least 100 combinations of size and state. Worded another way, can you fill at least 100 squares of the grid made with U.S. state on one side and size on the other. Counting Washington D.C. there are 51 states and there are seven sizes (micro, small, regular, large, other, virtual, not chosen) making for a theoretical max score of 357. Qualifying finds can be hidden any date, be found any date, any difficulty or terrain, and be any type except lab caches or benchmarks.

If possible, I am really hoping to have a grid output for the checker something like this:

If it helps, a similar checker is already built using a "X by Y Grid" script by bmuzzin. https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFTY2/82753
I personally qualify for this challenge and so do 10 locals. The local reviewer, Ice&Wind has approved it.
Cheers mate,
CheekyBrit
November 20, 2023 12:39PM
Hi!
Here is your checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFTYX/83007

Please test it and respond to confirm if everything is ok
November 20, 2023 06:48PM
Hi Svarträv, I'm really sorry to do this, but is it possible to change the goal from 100 down to 50?
As I was running my batch of usernames through, I realized this was a really steep goal for a challenge, especially one that wasn't difficulty 5.

Other than that, absolutely everything on the checker worked perfectly.

As far as functionality it ticks all the boxes. It performs for both positive and negative tests with the correct goal of 10. The link between cache page and checker page link to each other, the GC code is correct, and the green and red numbers reflect the correct number of successful and failed tests.
The extra feature of showing the numbers in each box showing how many caches qualify with combination is really nice. Also, having a link to an example qualifying cache is a great feature.

Cheers,
CheekyBrit
November 20, 2023 07:05PM
Not a problem, the requirement limit has been changed to 50.
November 21, 2023 04:57PM
Svarträv taht did the trick.
Thank you for making the adjustment. The rest of the functionality remains intact and works just like it should. I ran an extra 30+ names through it just to double check and everything was perfect.
AWESOME.

This checker request can be moved to the completed and archived folder.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
CheekyBrit
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login