To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: 10 traditional DTs challenge GCAFTYW

[Resolved] 10 traditional DTs challenge GCAFTYW
November 20, 2023 06:44AM
Hello! Thanks for helping with this challenge checker for GCAFTYW

The challenge for GCAFTYW is to find at least 10 traditional geocaches, each with different combinations of difficulty and terrain. Worded another way, can you fill at least 10 squares of the traditional DT grid? Qualifying finds can be hidden any date, be found any date, any location, and be any size.

If possible, I am really hoping to have a grid output for the checker something like this:

If it helps, a similar checker that includes this DT grid amongst others is already built: https://project-gc.com/Challenges//71154
I personally qualify for this challenge and so do 10 locals. The local reviewer, Ice&Wind has approved it.
Cheers mate,
CheekyBrit
November 20, 2023 12:17PM
Hi!
Here is your checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAFTYW/83003

Please test it and respond to confirm if everything is ok
November 20, 2023 05:40PM
Everything looks really nice but something unusual is happening with certain people's names. Plugging in ChubbuckGranny gives the expected result but CheekyBrit gives the result in Unknown caches. It's not just the images and text, the output is showing my 81 unknown finds and not the expected 77 traditional finds (I'm a slacker and need to find 4 more).
November 20, 2023 05:46PM
Minor error (filter wasn't working but in each case, the person I've tested had the most DT of Traditional caches so I haven't spotted it before) - fixed now. Please retest it and respond
November 21, 2023 04:13PM
That did the trick! Thank you very much for fixing that. Everything is behaving just like it should and it ticks all the boxes. It performs for both positive and negative tests with the correct goal of 10. The link between cache page and checker page link to each other, the GC code is correct, and the green and red numbers reflect the correct number of successful and failed tests.

No matter what names I put through the checker, it was always showing the correct data - the Traditional DT grid.

Thank you for your time and help.
Cheers
CheekyBrit
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login