To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GCAGWE0 - Xtreme Fizzy Challenge

[Awaiting feedback] GCAGWE0 - Xtreme Fizzy Challenge
December 20, 2023 07:31AM
Can I get a checker for all the following fizzy's in one broken down one by one.

Micro full 100% ( 81/81 required ) fizzy
Small full 100% ( 81/81 required ) fizzy
Regular full 100% ( 81/81 required ) fizzy
Large 1/2 50% ( 41/81 required ) fizzy
Other full 100% ( 81/81 required ) fizzy

Traditional full 100% ( 81/81 required ) fizzy
Multi full 100% ( 81/81 required ) fizzy
Mystery full 100% ( 81/81 required ) fizzy
Wherigo 1/2 50% ( 41/81 required ) fizzy
Earthcache 1/2 50% ( 41/81 required ) fizzy
Letterbox 1/2 50% ( 41/81 required ) fizzy
Virtual 1/4 25% ( 21/81 required ) fizzy
Events 1/4 25% ( 21/81 required ) fizzy

Iconic Fizzy ( need 10 of each type TRADITIONAL, MULTI, MYSTERY, EARTHCACHE, WHERIGO, VIRTUAL, LETTERBOX, EVENT, AND 1 of eather GPS ADVANTURE EXHIBIT, GROUNDSPEAK HQ, PROJECT APE, GIGA EVENT - for a full 81/81 grid )
December 20, 2023 10:24AM
Iconic Fizzy ( need 10 of each type TRADITIONAL, MULTI, MYSTERY, EARTHCACHE, WHERIGO, VIRTUAL, LETTERBOX, EVENT, AND 1 of eather GPS ADVANTURE EXHIBIT, GROUNDSPEAK HQ, PROJECT APE, GIGA EVENT - for a full 81/81 grid )

This will require a script extension on the Multiple test Checker of bmuzzin
December 20, 2023 02:13PM
I was actually tagged this with my generic fizzy script (it doesn't get much exercise). But it doesn't need any modifications to handle this.
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAGWE0/83958

However... there's two major issues (maybe my misunderstanding of the challenge):

Requiring a 1/4 event fizzy is not a publishable criteria. Events are now only published with T1, so it's not possible for new cachers to achieve that - they can only ever get 9 maximum. Likewise, for the iconic fizzy - HQ is a 1/1 and all gigas have been 1/1 or 1/1.5s. If you required even 9 events, there's no way those could be both be satisfied by a new cacher.

According to the script, you don't qualify for the Regular, Other, Multi, Earthcache, Virtual or Events fizzy criteria. You must pass your own challenge for it to be published.
December 20, 2023 02:36PM
Challenges can't require "rare" event types like megas and gigas. I would guess that the same limitation would apply to GPS Maze, Project APE and HQ as well.
December 20, 2023 10:59PM
Not even megas are allowed? There are challenges that I've found that required them (and not grandfathered). This is the problem with the "guidelines", there are too many unwritten rules... Anyhow, this is definitely not acceptable, but I've made the checker with the assumption that it will be modified before submission.
December 21, 2023 09:11PM
Hello thanks for starting on this fizzy challenge checker .....

I was not aware that all future events are always going to be a T1 and that HQ is a 1/1 and all gigas have been 1/1 or 1/1.5s only so lets do this:

Remove the Event Fizzy and replace it with

Half-Fizzy in One-Day ( there is a checker for just this one out there it is: GC58YT8 - https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC58YT8/15664 )

Also lets change the Iconic Fizzy to be as follows:

Need fill/find 11 of each of the following 7 cache types: ( TRADITIONAL, MULTI, MYSTERY, EARTHCACHE, WHERIGO, VIRTUAL, LETTERBOX ) and fill the remaining 4 spots with events which even with only being T1 events should be doable in the foresable future
December 21, 2023 10:19PM
You can't time limit challenges, so a half-fizzy in one day is not an acceptable criteria. See the guidelines #9:
https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206
December 21, 2023 11:31PM
Okay sorry omit the 1/2 fizzy in one day then

Can you clean up the display to show the icon of the fizzy in the DT grid and make them all consistant and pretty

thanks
December 22, 2023 02:34AM
I've updated it so the Event fizzy is completely removed, and the iconic fizzy is updated as you said. If you'd like the output different, then, you're going to be pretty specific on what you'd like changed (and likely you'll wait a while, because it's pretty low priority).

There's also still the issue that you don't qualify for the Regular, Other, Multi, Earthcache and Virtual fizzies, so your cache won't be published as is.
December 22, 2023 07:43PM
Thanks
Now that I know what I need to complete the challenge I will be working on getting myself and others working on getting it completed soon.

As for the output.

I am looking for a consistant format used for each of the requirements.

I like the format that was use for the Traditionals, Wherigo's, Letterbox, Iconic, and Mystery requirements except for when it was missing can replace occurances of the "N/A" with the greyed out icon and red X over, just like is done currently for the Multi's, Earthcaches, and Virtual requirements.

If this format is used consistantly for each I think we are about done.
December 22, 2023 11:39PM
Okay - please provide the icons for the sizes, and I can link them in (both greyed out and non-greyed out).

Also, N/A and red X are different - N/A means you don't need it, red X means you need it and don't have it (but, if the fail icon is available, it'll show that instead).
December 23, 2023 04:25AM
Oh gee, I am working way too hard - I need a vacation!

Duh! There are no icons for MICRO,SMALL,REGULAR,LARGE,OTHER !!!
and you have the red X where needed!

So sorry about that -

Instead of the GCxxxx being in the grid can we put in the number that the person has found for the corresponding D/T
Note: This can not be done for the ICONIC fizzy that main output format is fine however in the top summary when user does not satify the requirements can we add for each type the number that is missing.

For example:
Instead of: Criteria: type == Virtual Cache AND type == Event Cache had 12 DTs, but needed 15 DTs (FAIL).
Format like: Criteria Missing: type == Virtual Cache ( 9/11 ) AND type == Event Cache ( 2/4 ) DTs (FAIL)

For the less than 100% fizzy grids fill all that are satisified ( again with the number of times too )
For example if I have found 58 of the 81 but only need 41 (50%), fill in all 58 spots not just the required 41.

So in summary make sure each one has the same look of

Size Letter/Type Icon - nnn and has a RED X when cell in the grid is missing of any finds.

Thanks!
December 23, 2023 11:22PM
This script is tagged for other challenges, and I'm not sure your requests are an improvement. Since you only *need* one to qualify, I don't think putting the number a user has in the square, instead of their qualifying cache is an improvement. Likewise for the failure explanation.

Since you don't qualify, and thus the challenge will not be published, I think doing additional work on this isn't worthwhile.
January 18, 2024 01:37PM
This thread has not received any further feedback and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login