To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: New checker request

[Awaiting feedback] New checker request
February 11, 2024 08:57PM
Regarding GCAKGK6,

I am looking to start a new Challenge series based on a specific number of finds within the confines of the state of Washington, USA only. I am requesting a checker that can determine the actual number of ACTIVE multicaches within the state at the given time of the checker request. As this is a series, I would like to have several levels of completion.

My current research shows 934 active multicaches in the state of Washington. As such, I would expect the checker to state the number of active multicaches that a user has found within WA, based on the current number at that given time of check. This GC code is only a placeholder for the first in the series, but I wanted to be certain the criteria was an option for future in the series. As I am currently the #1 finder of active multis in the state at 570, I was thinking of creating levels of 100, 225 and 350. There appears to be plenty in the mid three hundred range, but after that, there does not appear to be any that could currently qualify over 350.

Thank you in advance of this request. Also, I wish to create similar challenge and checker for mystery caches. Should I complete a new thread or can we possibly piggyback on this request. Please advise.

Thank you.

DM&K Cachers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2024 09:01PM by DM&K Cachers. (view changes)
February 11, 2024 09:44PM
It is not accepted that archived caches are excluded from the checkers.

Reviewer will insist that all published multicaches will be counted
February 11, 2024 09:48PM
I don't find that to be an issue. My research was unable to pull relevant info from any cache that was not active. Can you continue with a checker in the fashion I requested, inclusive of all archived multis, with WA state parameters only so that I can determine an adequate number of finds to base each Challenge upon?

Thank you for your response!

D
March 18, 2024 04:20PM
This thread has not received any further feedback and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login