To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Requesting a checker for GC5533Y

[Resolved] Requesting a checker for GC5533Y
March 30, 2024 10:59PM
Would it be possible to please create a checker for GC5533Y?
Find 15 geocaches that are ‘remote’ (i.e. 5 miles or more away from the next nearest cache.)

Thank You very much!
March 30, 2024 11:32PM
I highly doubt this is possible to do under the current checker system.
March 31, 2024 04:13PM
Don't see the "new method required" very often! ... But I think I actually have one that will work here, just needs a few mods, and to be integrated into my uber script. Stay tuned...
March 31, 2024 04:26PM
I'm curious how you plan to accomplish this, given the runtime limit. I imagine that this would require performing GetTopFav queries around every or almost every cache find to test which ones are isolated.
April 01, 2024 01:04AM
There's a massive optimization that can be done, based on general behavior. Any cache you've found that's within the distance of another cache you've found is automatically not eligible. Since the *vast* majority of caches you find are close to some other cache you've found (eg. not many people have finds that are 5 miles away from another cache they've found), then generally there's only a small number that need the GetTopFavs called... and frequently, those are ones that are actually remote from other caches.
April 01, 2024 04:48PM
Okay! Here you go:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5533Y/86927

Good news - you pass!

Note that, this only checks the *current* state of your remote finds. That is, if you found a cache that was remote sometime in the past, and somebody has subsequently placed a cache near it, that cache will not appear on your remote list. Likewise, if you found a cache that had only one cache "too near", but the "too near" one gets archived, that one will now appear on your remote list.
April 01, 2024 05:51PM
That is AWESOME!
I don’t know how long it would have taken us to try and find remote caches on our own!
Thank You So Very Much ‘Bmuzzin’ of Project-GC!!!
April 01, 2024 11:58PM
lol, I'm just bmuzzin of myself, no "official" affiliation with PGC... Other than having fun writing some scripts on the platform.
April 11, 2024 01:48PM
Another cacher IowaBeaver (Rich Dixon), in our area, read a post of mine regarding the creation of this wonderful new checker. He posted the following comment. Feel free to take it or leave it, I’m just passing it along…..

“You might want to go back and have the programmer remove locationless caches from the script. I ran the checker and it included two locationless caches out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean…”
April 13, 2024 12:40PM
I've changed it so locationless are now excluded, as I'm assuming that they should not be allowed. Good news, they still pass.
April 13, 2024 12:42PM
Thank You!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login