To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: request checker for GCAPMBX

[Resolved] request checker for GCAPMBX
April 22, 2024 12:01AM
require checker that verifies and displays that cacher has found a minimum of 25 caches in Kansas with the Tree Climbing Required attribute
April 22, 2024 01:01AM
Hi there -

You can use:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAPMBX/87567

Test it out and let us know.

True story - I went to Kansas once. For pretty much the reason why any geocacher goes to Kansas... but in the few hours I was there, I thought I'd do a tree climb cache (or two)... how hard could a tree climb in Kansas be? I'm from Southern Ontario, where the tree climbs are HARD! ... Well, the second one was easy, but whoa boy that first one had me nervous. Now I guess I need 23 more.
April 22, 2024 01:40AM
question - is this only Kansas found caches with Tree climbing attribute?
April 22, 2024 09:12AM
Yes, the filtering "Kansas" is correct
April 22, 2024 02:58PM
strange, I ran the checker and it says I have 174 qualifying caches but when I use the geocaching page to query Kansas for my finds with Tree Climbing Required attribute it says I have 111. Is there any way the checker can display the results to show they are all from Kansas?
April 22, 2024 05:02PM
There is currently a bug with Geocaching.com that it doesn't show you archived caches. If you run the query at Project-GC instead it will likely match the checker.
April 22, 2024 04:18PM
I've updated it, so that it prints out all your Kansas tree climbing glory... Although because I had to tag it another way, you lose the nice tree climbing icon in the output.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAPMBX/87567

If you're querying on geocaching.com, it may be that it's not showing you archived caches... never trust geocaching.com with statistics... - trust the professionals! ... ... or the volunteers? :)
April 22, 2024 05:21PM
wow, I had no idea there were even 174 tree climbing caches in Kansas, let alone the fact that I have that many... and it wasn't a matter of trusting you, just didn't understand how the checker was working...
thanks for the assist, this is what I needed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login