To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Tag Script button greyed out

Tag Script button greyed out
October 15, 2016 06:39AM
After helpful advice, I would like to tag a generic script for a new Challenge Cache. This option is greyed out for me after I find a checker. Why is this and how can it be made available. I am a paid up Project GC member and have tried to access using multiple browsers?
Thanks for any assistance,
Tmsr (Ireland)
October 15, 2016 09:27AM
You problably fall in the cathagory of members which have never made a tag before.

In FAQ is writen:
In the past, anyone has been allowed to tag checker scripts with configurations and match them with challenge caches. However, this has changed now that Project-GC is an official part of the challenge cache framework. This is because we want to ensure that everything is working as intended.

Everyone who has created a checker tag in the past has been added into the permission list to be allowed to continue creating tags.

However I noticed that you have found the cloned tag and created a checker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2016 09:31AM by vogelbird. (view changes)
October 15, 2016 03:58PM
Thanks Vogelbird,
I'm afraid I've not created a checker - I tried to but think unless I can tag the script, I cannot add the tag.
Afriad I'm not sure how to proceed. there's a good Genriec Jasmer script that I cannot access and I have the tag piece for config from the script writer but am stuck now and cannot make any progress.
Any help would be appreciated.
I think there needs to be a clear instruction manual to take newbies through the process and if we aren't permitted to copy scripts, there should be some way to get this done more effectively!
Many thanks,
tmsr
October 15, 2016 04:57PM
I put 1 and 2 together and with the request in the Heading "Checkers Request" I understand what your problem is.

I can make a checker for this request but the config has to change every year at the moment or a script writer make a new script , which I asked a couple of times allready, but I suspect this can take some time.

Just let me know what you prefer
October 15, 2016 05:10PM
Thanks so much.
It should be straightforward enough to adjust the qualification once a year if I am allowed.
It might be possible to have two checkers on the cache next January...existing one with start date Jan 2001 and finish Dec 2015 and a parallel for those from Jan 2002 to Dec 2016?
Delighted to be able to progress this with your help,
Tony (tmsr)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login