To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Challenge cache checker possibility

[Cancelled] Challenge cache checker possibility
May 09, 2019 06:27PM
Hi there,
It is my first challenge cache checker so please be patient with my request and do not hesitate to tell me if I should do it better in any way...

Well my challenge cache is based in having "found" traditional or multi caches on the diferent municipalities of my region: Cantabria y the north of Spain...
My initial question is: do you need to have coordinates to delimitate those municipalities or you are able of check in which municipality is a found and threfore check if a player has enough?. That is, may sen to you coordinates drawing the municipalities of Cantabria or you can obtain them easily.
Cantabria is divided in 102 municipalities, most of them has caches available. Proposed challenge is to have founds in at least 40 of them.
In case that challenge checker requieres coordinates to delimitate mentioned municipalities I would change the chache challenge dividing Cantabria in its sub-regions instead: only 10 sub-regions so easier to delimitate. In this case the challenge would be to have at least 5 founds in each sub-region...

Plase send me your first feedback regarding this checker request in order to give you further information.
Thank you in advance for your effort.

Utoipity / Miguel
May 09, 2019 07:23PM
You can test available region options by this tool

https://project-gc.com/Challenges//33090
May 09, 2019 07:49PM
Thanks for your quick answer.

I see. So the minor regional entity is the county.
But if I send you coordinates to draw areas inside a county... Is It possible then to check how many caches someone found within that áreas???
Please tell me if that is possible or not to rethink the challenge.

Thanks in advance.
May 09, 2019 07:52PM
It is technically possible but it is not allowed. Your challenge will not be published with user defined polygons. You can use any combination of "official" regions as far as you do not define your own polygons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2019 08:57PM by arisoft. (view changes)
May 09, 2019 07:58PM
Even if that user defined poligones carefully draw real municipalities?...
Welll if that's not allowed I should rethink this possiblity.
Thanks anyway.
May 09, 2019 09:34PM
Sorry, not allowed.
May 10, 2019 05:56AM
Ok, thank you for your quick answers.
You can delete this thread... I Will rethink the challenge.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login