To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Awaiting feedback] Size / Type gridbuster x40 challenge

[Awaiting feedback] Size / Type gridbuster x40 challenge
November 10, 2022 10:41PM
Hello sir or madam,

Will you please help make this challenge checker?
The challenge for GCA202A is to have at least 40 unique combinations of size and type of geocache. Lab caches don't count. They can be of any difficulty and terrain, and from anywhere on the planet. I personally qualify with 44.
Here is the chart of my finds: I was hoping the output would look something like this. It would be even more incredible if each cell could show the quantity of that combination.

Thank you very much.
For your curiosity, this is the theoretical max of the grid (as far as I can tell).
Re: Size / Type gridbuster x40 challenge
November 11, 2022 01:54AM
I'm sure no script already exists for this one... and I could write one.

But, before I do, and we have a repeat of last time... have you checked with a reviewer that this challenge isn't too difficult to understand for the morons out there, and/or considered a "bookkeeping exercise"? :)

A reviewer here recently told me that new challenges requiring finds with "not chosen" size are definitely not going to be acceptable anymore, so that's something else to consider.
November 11, 2022 02:01AM
Good call. I'll get the reviewers take on it first and let you know.
I am so gutted about the 'bigger better' challenge not going through. Thank you again for your amazing work on that.

Going ahead I'll switch up my sequence for challenges going ahead and run it past my reviewer first, then do a checker request. That should help things flow a bit better.
- from CheekyBrit.

( Ladderguy and I are working together on a few challenges, that's why I'm logged in on his phone and he's logged in on my computer.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2022 02:03AM by ladderguy. (view changes)
December 16, 2022 01:33PM
What is the situation on this topic

Doeble request see https://project-gc.com/forum/read?11,67446,67446#msg-67446

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2022 03:19PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login