To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: checker correction GCA3K2C

[Resolved] checker correction GCA3K2C
January 06, 2023 03:20PM
The reviewer would not approve since there were to many similar challenges in the area so I have changed the requirements

fill your fizzy grid - caches must include at least 5 each from 5 different states
So for instance 5 from FL, 5 from GA, 5 from TN, 5 from SC, 5 from AL the rest can be from any of those states or other states.

Output should list GC numbers from each of the 5 states to complete the challenge
January 06, 2023 06:07PM
I disabled the cloned tag but as far as I know this request requires a new script
January 06, 2023 08:29PM
do I need to make a new request or just wait for another one on this post?
January 06, 2023 08:32PM
A scriptwriter will attend to this topic
January 18, 2023 08:52PM
Just checking in on the status for this challenge checker - cache has been approved and is waiting the checker.
January 08, 2023 06:11PM
Just checking to see if someone is working on this.
January 10, 2023 02:52PM
I am working on fixing my script that does a generic fizzy checker, and it sounds like with the fixes, it would be good to use for this request. The bug that exists doesn't do the complete-rest-of-the-fizzy portion (because the DT spots chosen for the 'states' portion also satisfy the 'general' fizzy criteria, and that confuses things). Regardless, the tag without the complete fizzy requirement indicates that you wouldn't pass:

Criteria: region == South Carolina had 4 DTs, but needed 5 DTs (FAIL)
Criteria: region == Alabama had 4 DTs, but needed 5 DTs (FAIL)
Criteria: region == South Carolina AND region == Alabama had 6 DTs, but needed 10 DTs (FAIL)

If you don't pass a challenge, you are not allowed to publish it.
January 10, 2023 03:05PM
The example I gave was just for explanation - the 5 states can be any 5 states not the specific ones I gave in the example and I should qualify with that.
January 10, 2023 03:21PM
Sorry, my fault... reading isn't always my strong suit. This script probably can't be used then, at least not without some extension, as it only does "specific" criteria checking. I think vogelbird is right, you'll probably need a custom script for this one.
January 10, 2023 03:39PM
do I need to make a new post or will someone pick it up from here?
January 11, 2023 08:05PM
I'll do it... if nobody beats it to me. New scripts take a little more time than just a re-tag, so please be patient.
January 12, 2023 07:47PM
Look what I did without even making a new script! (I did edit it slightly, so it prints out the region filter for with the fizzy table, otherwise the output is really difficult to understand).

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA3K2C/74316

Note, this doesn't output the gccodes for the fizzies as you requested, just the number of entries you have in each state (and shows their fizzy grids). Implementing that output would be tricky in this script, especially because this tag is very close to the limit for the maximum size of a tag. Please test it out and let us know.
January 12, 2023 08:17PM
So I think this is on the right track but am not sure it actually completely qualifies cachers. So just want to make sure you're understanding what I'm thinking.

So you need 81 different D/T combinations for a fizzy grid. 5 of those D/T combinations need to be found in one state, 5 more different D/T combinations need to be found in another state and so on up to 5 states all to make up the 81 different D/T caches to fill the grid once.

It looks as if the checker is doing each separately - it looks to see that you have a full fizzy. Then looks to see it you have 5 specific combinations in 5 or more states but does not determine if the 5 in a certain state are the same 5 D/T combinations from another state. Is that possible to fix?

Here is what a grid might look like if it was listed by state
[[img]https://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/large/49273988-1022-4308-a5c6-db84c91214a4.jpg[/img]

So in this image you can see there is 5 from FL, a different 5 from TX, a different 5 from GA, a different 5 from NC, and finally a different 5 and the rest of the grid from OK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2023 08:19PM by FLMathfreak. (view changes)
January 12, 2023 08:26PM
Yes, you are again correct, it doesn't check overlaps in the fizzies for the separate states. I've removed the tag, because I think this script also won't be able to perform the correct check without significant changes. I'll make a one-off script for this one, because obviously it's not so easy to tag an existing script.
January 20, 2023 05:13PM
Is someone working on this checker - Just checking to see when it might be ready - Reviewer has approved cache just waiting for the checker
January 20, 2023 07:20PM
Please be mindful that your checker script writers and taggers are volunteers, and you should not depend on a checker to be completed in any amount of time. Depending on the complexity, writing a new script or a script extension can take a considerable amount of time.

That said, I've worked on it. I decided to update my fizzy script, instead of doing a one-off. I have the 5x5 unique DT states portion working in my generic fizzy checker script. However, when I add in the second requirement for the full-USA fizzy, it gets confused, so I need to debug that. I won't be around this weekend, so perhaps it'll be done next week.
January 20, 2023 07:49PM
OK - Thanks for the update
January 31, 2023 03:33AM
This checker was quite the challenge to write (too bad I don't get a find!:)). But I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of it. Here's the checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA3K2C/74811

I've tested several people that pass, and several people that fail... the checker will tell you which specific thing you fail in the output (for example, I fail the USA fizzy, but pass the 5x5 states). In addition to many fixes and optimizations I had to get this challenge going, I also added the output for logging that you requested. Please do your due diligence and check a number of users yourself, and let us know.
January 31, 2023 08:05PM
Looks good - then large D/T grid showing all states for each combination is not needed if this decreases the script needed. Just the full fizzy and the one that lists the 5 unique ones per 5 states is fine
January 31, 2023 10:02PM
The table's already built in. This checker was originally written as a mixed type fizzy checker (eg. 9 trads, 9 mysteries, etc). That table is useful if you don't qualify to see what you need. In the case of 50 states... It's a little hard to read. I can make an option to not display it if you'd like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login