To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GCADM99 - Penta Challenge - Hard

[Resolved] GCADM99 - Penta Challenge - Hard
August 31, 2023 05:02PM
GCADM99 - Penta Challenge - Hard

New cache not yet published

Requirements:
To complete this challenge, you must have five or more finds on each of the following categories/types of caches.

1. Traditional
2. Multi-Cache
3. Mystery/Unknown
4. Earthcache
5. Letterbox
6. Events (Regular and/or Mega)
7. CITO
8. Wherigo
9. Lab Caches/Adventure Lab Stages
10. Webcam, GPS Adventures Exhibit, Groundspeak HQ, Project APE Cache, Locationless (Reverse) Cache, Geocaching HQ Block Party (in any combination of 5)

That is a total of 50 cache finds for this challenge, 5 finds for each of all the above different cache types as listed (10 total categories).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2023 03:01PM by zumby65. (view changes)
August 31, 2023 09:15PM
Here is a checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCADM99/80653
Please say if this is good for you.
August 31, 2023 10:36PM
Lab caches can’t be required, so an amendment of some kind is probably necessary.
September 01, 2023 02:57PM
I didn't realize Lab Caches couldn't be a requirement. What if I change the 10 categories to:

Traditional 
Multi-Cache
Mystery/Unknown 
Earthcache
Letterbox
Events (Regular)
Big Events and Adventures (MEGA, GIGA, Commnity Events, Lab Caches/Adventure Lab Stages - any combination of 5)
CITO
Wherigo
Webcam, GPS Adventures Exhibit, Groundspeak HQ, Project APE Cache, Locationless (Reverse) Cache, Geocaching HQ Block Party (in any combination of 5)

This way Lab caches can be used in addition to Larger (and hard to obtain) events

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2023 03:01PM by zumby65. (view changes)
September 01, 2023 02:59PM
I was informed that Lab caches can't be a requirement on its own, so I swited the categories a little and have Events by themselves and added a Big Events and Adventures (MEGA, GIGA, Commnity Events, Lab Caches/Adventure Lab Stages - any combination of 5), as follows:

Traditional 
Multi-Cache
Mystery/Unknown 
Earthcache
Letterbox
Events (Regular)
Big Events and Adventures (MEGA, GIGA, Commnity Events, Lab Caches/Adventure Lab Stages - any combination of 5)
CITO
Wherigo
Webcam, GPS Adventures Exhibit, Groundspeak HQ, Project APE Cache, Locationless (Reverse) Cache, Geocaching HQ Block Party, GIGA Events, Community Celebration Events (in any combination of 5)

This way Lab caches can be used in addition to Larger (and hard to obtain) events. Can we adjust the tracker? (The one you makes works great by the way, but I need to edit it a bit).
September 01, 2023 03:19PM
I’ve updated the checker. Your reviewer may still deny it, but we can always change it again.
September 01, 2023 03:38PM
Thanks, and they might, but I am hoping they won't as Labs are an in addition too, but are actually needed for the requirement as a whole (you can do it without), and they did pair well with MEGA and GIGA as those used to be the only places to get them. We will see. Probably not posting this for a couple of week (but it works!), but if anything I could just delete Labs from the cache page description and possibly still keep the tracker.

Thanks again, this is great
September 01, 2023 05:59PM
Maybe, in interest of meeting guidelines, lets just remove Lab Caches and have that section MEGA, GIGA, Community Events, and I will just up the difficulty of this challenge to probably a 4.5 as that is a tougher category to hit... but it something people can still definitely do.
September 01, 2023 06:01PM
No worries, updated for you.
September 01, 2023 06:05PM
Thanks.

I don't think is it registering the Community Celebration Events in the tally, it might just be showing MEGA and GIGA. I see the source says all three, but it is showing my results as 5, not factoring in the 12 community events.

Other than that it is working great for sure.
September 01, 2023 06:11PM
Good spot! Fixed now for both checkers. And thank you for the membership!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2023 06:12PM by DrAcorn. (view changes)
September 01, 2023 06:37PM
thanks for that, I will check it. I just realized, and I felt like my count was off, I left virtuals off the list on both of them. If it isn't too much trouble, could you add that as a category? then I think these are definitely done.

Thanks for you time and effort - I transferred you a little membership time
September 01, 2023 07:31PM
Is that as an extra requirement, or part of another?
September 01, 2023 08:06PM
as an extra, I just left it off, overlooked it
September 01, 2023 09:14PM
Added.
September 01, 2023 05:36PM
It is actually in the guidelines that Ad Labs can not be part of a challenge cache (section 10 source of criteria) - whether a requirement on their own or part of a group
and I would suggest you do not have ALs as still part of the checker (even though you have removed them from the cache page) as it may skew some results - for example someone may have never been to a big event but has 5 ALs and so will pass if they are still included

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2023 05:41PM by Deepdiggingmole. (view changes)
September 01, 2023 05:57PM
Makes sense. Probably a good call.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login