To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Modify checker

[Resolved] Modify checker
November 09, 2018 10:03PM
I would like checker “https://project-gc.com/Challenges//27157” to be modified so that ONLY ONE Find is included with each month and date even though there are multiple Finds on that month and date with different GcCodes. For example, the checker is showing in its list for me, TheView, 48 geocaches whereas I really only have 45 because the Hidden and Found anniversary date should be counted ONLY ONCE regardless of the number of matches.
GC1MH6G 2009-02-08. 2-8
GC1MH6J 2009-02-08. 2-8
GC1MH6N. 2009-02-08. 2-8
GC1MH6R. 2009-02-08. 2-8
While these are indeed unique GcCode anniversary dates matches, only one should be included in the list count for qualifications because ONLY ONE geocache found on the anniversary date should be counted. The intent of the Challenge is to find only one geocache for each anniversary date of the year (366 finds).

Also it would be helpful to sort and show the Found column with just month and date. This will indicate more clearly the anniversary dates needed to qualify. Showing years allows the same month across many years which makes it more difficult to discern the month/day gaps to be filled. Presently, to accomplish the equivalent of this added feature, I am copying the checker output list to an excel like file, deleting the year and only showing the month and date in the Found column, and then sorting the Found column. Unfortunately, it is about as quick to copy and paste the data and delete the year than it is to seek from the checker list any additional qualifying item(s), particularly as the list grows larger.

Because a requirement for challenge caches requires that the cache owner qualify prior to seeking the challenge, I am using your checker to help me qualify before I request the Challenge geocache. Therefore I don’t have a GCCode yet and won’t have until I qualify. ( this is like what came first, the chicken or the egg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 10:11PM by TheView. (view changes)
November 11, 2018 10:35AM
The challenge may be too hard/impossible to achieve if you can not guarantee that there is enough opportunities left for each date. I suggest you to consult with your local reviewer, will this challenge ever been published with these requirements.
November 12, 2018 02:52PM
Hello arisoft,
I cannot gurantee how far geocachers will have to travel to qualify. That depends on how many in their area they have already found that qualify them. I can tell you that I can presently qualify within a 100 mile radius. That is considerably less than some other challenges for example one that requires you to have found a cache in contiguous counties coast to coast. As with many challenge caches, this one will require planning. This challenge is not impossible but it is challenging.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2018 02:54PM by TheView. (view changes)
November 12, 2018 03:58PM

This challenge is not impossible but it is challenging.

Now we are in trouble (:P)
November 12, 2018 10:39PM
Does this mean you will change the checker per my request
November 12, 2018 10:52PM
You have only found 46 unique birthday caches. The limit is 365 because leap years are not allowed for challenges.

The tool is here https://project-gc.com/Challenges//38294 happy hunting!
November 12, 2018 11:07PM
arisoft That was quick and correct. Did you see other improvements tor this checker I requested? Thank you.
November 12, 2018 11:24PM
I saw other improvements but that script does not have all features you requested. You can sort the dates on Excel while you try to qualify the challenge. Just paste the lines to the speadsheet and sort it to see missing dates. When you have the gccode and the challenge ready for publishing I can make a new script which can do it a better way.
November 12, 2018 11:36PM
arisoft great. now you have me more dedicated to achieving this difficult one. Thanks for your time and quick replies.
November 19, 2018 06:52AM
Hi,

this is an interesting challenge idea but I think it's a bit too hard with 365. Could you make me a checker for just 5 cache birthdays? Code is GC80BBG. It would be best if only physical cache types were permitted.

Best regards

JakeDot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 07:02AM by JakeDot. (view changes)
November 19, 2018 08:09AM
Similar checker for 5 physical caches is here

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC80BBG/38445
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login